• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PayPal Gift?

HDOakley said:
I need to stop being a cheap a$$ and just do the fee's. grumbling over a few dollars is better than a few hundred...

Just like when I ship something, I rather spend extra $5-6 for insurance than loosing a $300 item.

Just like when I ship something, I rather spend extra $5-6 for insurance than loosing a $300 item.

I usually make $100 my cutoff for forking over the extra cash. If I'm shipping a cheaper pair of shades or small parts or something I'll just send it cheapest method. For all the shipping I've done I've likely saved $100 in fees for tracking and insurance. Losing $50 is a bad day, but I won't lose sleep. Losing $150 is another story.

I never ask for PP funds to be gifted to me, I just figure it into the price. As much $$ as I take in from PP putting something as a gift over and over draws a big red flag in an audit.

Figured I'd bump up this thread because it's a hot topic these days plus I have a question ...

In order to protect yourself as a buyer, if you don't want to send your payment under the gift option, does the seller have to invoice you first, or can the buyer send a payment without an invoice and pay the fees themselves?

Dr Croc, you forgot to mention damned if YOU rip me off...........oh, wait a minute, you've done that to me already haven't you!

Figured I'd bump up this thread because it's a hot topic these days plus I have a question ...

In order to protect yourself as a buyer, if you don't want to send your payment under the gift option, does the seller have to invoice you first, or can the buyer send a payment without an invoice and pay the fees themselves?

Thanks for bringing this up again, I'm curious as to how this will be done...I thought I would just send the payment under purchase and just add 4% but I don't know for sure if thats the right way...

You can send them a payment under the "goods" tab. No invoice needed. If they want 3% then you will need to add that to the total. As I have stated before, I never charge an extra 3% for fees, not worth the hassle in my opinion. But that's just me.

Yes you are protected if you click the tab about paying for goods and services. Just add the fee on top if the seller requests that and you are safe. Quite simple. If things go sour it takes about 2 weeks to get your money back some times longer.

Back