• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PayPal issues...

Yes, I agree. The OPs comment seemed as though he was just looking to cancel the transaction and get his money back. I could be wrong.
Yes it appears we are at a stalemate and I understand both our views ( buyer and seller). I’m sure everyone has had something happen in the past to make them suspicious of folks. So I guess I will have to contact PayPal when customer support opens back up from corona to get the transaction canceled and credited back to my account?

Yes it appears we are at a stalemate and I understand both our views ( buyer and seller). I’m sure everyone has had something happen in the past to make them suspicious of folks. So I guess I will have to contact PayPal when customer support opens back up from corona to get the transaction canceled and credited back to my account?

Or just ask the seller to cancel it.

I think your payment method might have something to do with this. If you used a credit card, the credit card company itself might have restrictions. Maybe try a different method like straight from your bank account or Paypal cash if you have that. That might stop the cash from being on hold.

First time I had this problem and looking for any feedback. Made a payment G&S thru PayPal, now the payment sent is on hold to the seller. PayPal says they won’t release payment until I mark it received. If I receive it before I actually receive it, I waive my protection rights. I have never had this issue in the past paying G&S, but it has been a while for me using this payment style.. Of course I complete understand the seller not shipping and he understands me not marking as received. Has something changed with PayPal? Because I’m pretty sure in the past when I did this the money was received instantly and the product was shipped. And if I received it damaged or never received at all then I could file a claim..

Thanks for your input on this folks
Yeah, definitely don't mark "received". Contact the guy to check his paypal account so he knows the money is there and tell him to post.

@zcrxsi - Could it be that the seller is unreliable/has a high number of complaints, so PayPal is protecting themselves from having to incur transaction bank fees when trying to get it back from the seller? If it's in their system already, they can simply transfer the money back to you, the buyer.

Yeah, definitely don't mark "received". Contact the guy to check his paypal account so he knows the money is there and tell him to post.

@zcrxsi - Could it be that the seller is unreliable/has a high number of complaints, so PayPal is protecting themselves from having to incur transaction bank fees when trying to get it back from the seller? If it's in their system already, they can simply transfer the money back to you, the buyer.
I think it has to do with the activity of the sellers account. I purchased a copper penny for 100USD not so long ago and the seller wouldn't ship because the funds were on hold. upon trying to figure it out it was discovered he hadn't used paypal for a while and was relatively new. I took a very big risk releasing the funds luckily it paid off and i received the glasses but I would not advise doing that to anybody because in hindsight I could have lost my money with no recourse at all. It is a frustration however dealing with people new to paypal as they are suspicious of getting scammed due to their limited understanding of paypal

I think it has to do with the activity of the sellers account. I purchased a copper penny for 100USD not so long ago and the seller wouldn't ship because the funds were on hold. upon trying to figure it out it was discovered he hadn't used paypal for a while and was relatively new. I took a very big risk releasing the funds luckily it paid off and i received the glasses but I would not advise doing that to anybody because in hindsight I could have lost my money with no recourse at all. It is a frustration however dealing with people new to paypal as they are suspicious of getting scammed due to their limited understanding of paypal
Maybe the OP can find some paypal site correspondence that officially answers the question of what's happening. That should give them peace of mind. Otherwise, get them to call PayPal directly.

Maybe the OP can find some paypal site correspondence that officially answers the question of what's happening. That should give them peace of mind. Otherwise, get them to call PayPal directly.

I’ve dealt with the exact same issue many times in the past. It has to do with your SELLING history on your PayPal account that determines whether it’s held or not. Usually it happens with those who have new accounts or never received money thru PayPal for something they will be shipping.

This is PayPal’s buyer/seller protection in action

Thanks for all the replies folks. The transaction has been canceled and a refund issued. Y’all should work for PayPal customer service because they suck at communicating. The one I talked too (thru text mind you) just told me to release payment....

Thanks for all the replies folks. The transaction has been canceled and a refund issued. Y’all should work for PayPal customer service because they suck at communicating. The one I talked too (thru text mind you) just told me to release payment....

Omg... well I think you would have a case if you never got the item and they told you to mark it received. You would have to provide proof they told you to release it and that would have been their responsibility at that point.