• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paypal requesting photo ID, bills, etc

Good news. My PayPal account is now fully restored and I did not send them anything. I stuck firm about not e-mailing copies of my photo id and bills and expressed my displeasure with how I have been treated. I logged into my account this morning and received the message below. I strongly recommend others voice their displeasure as well if you are asked to jump through hoops like I was. Thank you for all the replies.

"Thank you for taking the steps to restore your account access. Your patience and efforts increase security for our entire community of users.

PayPal takes the safety of your account, business, and financial data as seriously as you do, and these ongoing checks of our system contribute to our high level of security."

Good news. My PayPal account is now fully restored and I did not send them anything. I stuck firm about not e-mailing copies of my photo id and bills and expressed my displeasure with how I have been treated. I logged into my account this morning and received the message below. I strongly recommend others voice their displeasure as well if you are asked to jump through hoops like I was. Thank you for all the replies.

"Thank you for taking the steps to restore your account access. Your patience and efforts increase security for our entire community of users.

PayPal takes the safety of your account, business, and financial data as seriously as you do, and these ongoing checks of our system contribute to our high level of security."
Interesting that YOU took steps to secure your account. ;)
All you did was tell them you are not sending them ****.

At least your account is restored. :D

Now go have transactions exceeding 30k in a few months and see if they do anything :rofl:

PayPal just sent me a survey to fill out. Needless to say, I didn't give them a good report. They wasted hours of my time and treated me like a criminal. Even though my account is restored, I am still going to look for alternative payment sites because of the terrible service provided by PayPal.

I spoke to them and the agent meant to permanently block my account, but mistakenly lifted the limitation. I was not contacted at all and they continue to do things behind my back without my permission. I strongly advise that anyone with money in their PayPal account transfer it to your bank. They can freeze your account without warning and keep your money locked up for 180 days. They are acting very sketchy and will not disclose the reason for account limitations.

PayPal now also wants a bank statement, along with my photo ID, and copies of bills with my address.

I spoke to them and the agent meant to permanently block my account, but mistakenly lifted the limitation. I was not contacted at all and they continue to do things behind my back without my permission. I strongly advise that anyone with money in their PayPal account transfer it to your bank. They can freeze your account without warning and keep your money locked up for 180 days. They are acting very sketchy and will not disclose the reason for account limitations.
I'm sorry. This is just one of those moments where I have to laugh. The agent was supposed to permanently block your account and LIFTED the restriction??

UNREAL!!!

PayPal just sent me a survey to fill out. Needless to say, I didn't give them a good report. They wasted hours of my time and treated me like a criminal. Even though my account is restored, I am still going to look for alternative payment sites because of the terrible service provided by PayPal.

Bad news. Limitation is back on. WOW!!

Coincidence?

Latest Posts

Back