• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paypal requesting photo ID, bills, etc

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
Has anyone else been getting requests from paypal to provide copies of photo ID (driver's licence, passport), bills with my name and address (cell phone, power bill, etc)? I called paypal and they said its legit but can't give me much information.

Has anyone else been getting requests from paypal to provide copies of photo ID (driver's licence, passport), bills with my name and address (cell phone, power bill, etc)? I called paypal and they said its legit but can't give me much information.
Did you call the number in that email?
Or did you actually call a number on the Paypal website?

I would not trust that as it seems extremely strange.

Others who have way more experience with Paypal will chime in soon I'm sure.

My very first instinct is DONT DO IT.

Also. I have not gotten any emails like that from Paypal at all.

I called the phone number from PayPal's website. They have e-mailed me 3 times within the last 2 days. I won't be sending my information but they said my account will be frozen. Very strange.

If ur transaction overtake the 2500 euros in amount they ask u so.
I have been asked to provide proof of main address and proof of id licence,tax forma invoice or whatever state paper mentiones ur full name.after i provided them through mail all that my account came back to normal.
They try to control money laundring and stuff

I have only had small transactions. The largest was $430 Cdn. Their customer service is sorely lacking.

I called the phone number from PayPal's website. They have e-mailed me 3 times within the last 2 days. I won't be sending my information but they said my account will be frozen. Very strange.
I see what @STavros said now.....maybe that is why? You have transactions totalling a lot of money?

Not much at all. Balance was under $200 US and most transactions were around $50 US or less.

I have only had small transactions. The largest was $430 Cdn. Their customer service is sorely lacking.
Doesnt matter if u make every time small transactions.Do u total counting more than 2500 euros from the day u started ur paypal account? Sell and purchases

Back