• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PB II and tinfoils.

Sounddragon

Oakley Enthusiast
Netherlands
Picked up a mint, twice worn PB II with VR28's a couple of weeks ago from a local Oakley dealer who had them private, but had them as shelf whore because he was afraid of dropping them. I don't keep whores, so I bought them to wear.
Paid a very nice price for them, complete with immaculate woodbox and everything that has to come with them including the original receipt. Wanted them for a long time and knew he had them, and when I was there to ask him about a project I wanted to start with the TInfoils below, the pair came up in the conversation and he mentioned wanting to sell, I asked him his price and in about 10 seconds they were mine :cool-20:

_20150726_135300_zpsbbm42d3j.jpg

After that I went on a hunt for 2 pairs of Tinfoils because I need prescription glasses and did not want a ten in a penny pair, so I decided to get me 2 pairs, so the lenses from pair one can be used later in pair number two, and I will be able to change frames if I want to.
Luckily I succeeded in buying two pairs from a very nice user on this forum, and after some customs hassle (they f#$%&d up one of the boxes to check inside) I'm the happy owner of these two pairs.

DSC_0230_zpsemnrgriz.jpg

The +red lenses swapped into the matt black frame to see how that looks, and I think it looks better then in the original frame, so they will stay in there, and the original frame with the blue stems will get the prescriptions in them. I am considering to get the prescriptions with a blue-ish teint to match the stems, but am not sure yet..

So far, happy 'starting' Oakley junkie here :)

Last edited:
they are PB 1's my friend - the big brother of the PB II's . great catch!!

Hmm, I see now, the PB 2 frames are different on the downside of the frame. Didn't notice @ first, but now I put two pics next to eachother I can see the differences.
Lucky accident I say, PB1's are harder to find nowaday's and I like them more than the 'small brother' :biggrin:
That makes it a great catch indeed, and even more for the price I paid ;)

I was gonna mess with him and say they were fake PB2. ;)

There is an 'A' in the side of the frame, would not have gone for that. :gotcha: Besides that, the guy I bought them from is an authorised dealer.

Congratulations on getting these pairs at great prices. Hopefully you can figure out some good customs to make them the way you want.

Congratulations on getting these pairs at great prices. Hopefully you can figure out some good customs to make them the way you want.

As said, the carbon Tinfoil with the blue stems will be my prescription pair, the PB is a collectible that will be worn on occasion, but will not be modified.

My regular wearpairs include among other a Juliet x-metal, and that one could be up for a nice custom job in the future because it is already showing slight signs of wear, but having checked out some of the custom topics, that will be a very tough job to decide on what exactly I want to be done because there are way too many ridicilously cool options :lolsign: