• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Penny Carbon

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
The Carbon - +Red Penny was not a "one of a kind prototype", it was a genuine product made by Oakley with a factory finish Carbon frame, and likewise +Red lens. It had a labelled standard box in the style of those huney monkey or total_o pieces that were sold on ebay many years ago. The boxes were not the two part X Metal boxes but the black ones used for models of the late 1990's and early 2000's. The people I know of who have/had TRUE Carbon - +Red Penny include Rick Fawcett who's pair sold on ebay way back and had the original box, Nike Nickel owns a few genuine Carbon frame Penny, and the pair I sold on ebay recently came from Anton Sy, perhaps the most impressive collector of Oakley the world over. Jerrod Felix is also alleged to have an official pair. From what I was told there were 100 Carbon Penny made, but only a handful have come to light on the market since it's production. They did not have a sku or serial number and were not commercially available, the precise reason for production eludes me although the aforementioned ebay sellers did have them available for a limited time. There will be doubters of course, and this will apply to numerous 'beyond rare' items that are practically never seen or are near unheard of.
Not alleged, fact.

Some people reacted to this post.