• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny Earstem Washers

GH4AU

Carbon Fanatic
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The South
Does anyone know of a suitable earstem washer for the Penny? I've got some that need to be replaced badly. Linegear doesn't sell them for the Penny but I was wondering if anyone had experience in using the Linegear XS/Juliet washers on the Penny, if they are even the same size. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

They are a stamped brass washer that fits into the temple arm and acts as a thrust washer too,and the gap between the arm and frame is .0015" per side (that's less than a human hair).I would use regular oem Juliet washers not the thicker linegear washers to ease the friction .and don't be afraid to dab a touch of grease to those contact areas.

They are a stamped brass washer that fits into the temple arm and acts as a thrust washer too,and the gap between the arm and frame is .0015" per side (that's less than a human hair).I would use regular oem Juliet washers not the thicker linegear washers to ease the friction .and don't be afraid to dab a touch of grease to those contact areas.

Thanks for the advice X-Man. Now my next question is where is a good place to get OEM Juliet washers? TIA.

Washers in my pack were 24.37mm in diameter on average and varied by 0.05mm both between washers and between various measurements on the same washer (ie not perfectly round). Thickness was 1.40mm on average, with minimal variation. The washers appear to have been stamped from strip, and have a slight radius on the "top" edges and a slight sharpness to the "bottom edges.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll rob them from my Juliet's and order some Linegear to replace them. Hopefully that works fine.

Back