• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny fit

MinC13

I should Work at Oakley
I’m debating taking the plunge into the world of X metals. The 2 frames that appeal to me most are the Penny and Mars. I couldn’t justify paying the latter’s price tag, so I’m leaning toward the penny. I have a fairly large head though, so I’m concerned about the fit. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

The fit will be fine as the hinges allow to open very wide for any head sizes. However they are very small glasses (ie: not tall) and they will look like you are wearing children sunglasses if you have a large wide head.

Also if u wear the Penny’s and the spring hinge constantly has active tension on it , that will wear the hinge mechanism over time and cause it to break ..

Saw it all the time when I used to be an optician and people wore glasses that were too small .. they’d come in with broken temples and hinges that had to be replaced

The Mars doesn’t have a spring hinge so if you’re leaning more towards that size of x metal that would be the one to go to

The half X x metal frame also has spring hinges and those are notorious for breaking

I’m debating taking the plunge into the world of X metals. The 2 frames that appeal to me most are the Penny and Mars. I couldn’t justify paying the latter’s price tag, so I’m leaning toward the penny. I have a fairly large head though, so I’m concerned about the fit. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Once you go X-metal, you’ve entered the rabbit hole Lol. —Penny is a little smaller than a Splice. Can’t really go wrong with any of the X-metals. I’m personally not a fan of XX though. Was too much weight directly on my nose bridge.

Back