• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying PENNY QUESTION!

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

If a set of Pennys don't have a serial number, are they not worth as much? What is the difference with those with serial numbers and those without? THANKS!

Harry

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
If a set of Pennys don't have a serial number, are they not worth as much? What is the difference with those with serial numbers and those without? THANKS!

Harry
Not a huge difference. Its just more desirable to have the serial pair.

That's what I heard...but also heard the lenses are a bit different on the 4th gen or the later gen models of the Ruby lenses. The Pennys I'm looking at have the X-Metal frame and Ruby lenses.....yeah, like the movie. Wish they were not in the movie...would save some money I guess.

Username Hidden said:
That's what I heard...but also heard the lenses are a bit different on the 4th gen or the later gen models of the Ruby lenses. The Pennys I'm looking at have the X-Metal frame and Ruby lenses.....yeah, like the movie. Wish they were not in the movie...would save some money I guess.
I had a 1st gen pair with stunning ruby lenses. I had others which were 1st gen and they were not as red, they had the purple and fire to the edges. The photo below is the stunners.

7983627187_d5c978f5dc_k.jpg

You are correct....I saw a pic that compared the 1st and 2nd gen Rubys....and the first gen were a lot more red....blood red than the others. They look cooler, but I heard they changed them because people (actors specifically) were complaining about getting headaches from wearing them for too long. Either way...I will be keeping my eyes open for a pair of lenses that are more red. I'm looking for that site that shows the difference side by side.

Username Hidden said:
You are correct....I saw a pic that compared the 1st and 2nd gen Rubys....and the first gen were a lot more red....blood red than the others. They look cooler, but I heard they changed them because people (actors specifically) were complaining about getting headaches from wearing them for too long. Either way...I will be keeping my eyes open for a pair of lenses that are more red. I'm looking for that site that shows the difference side by side.
Try flickr. There is a first gen Juliet ruby compared to the next gen ruby. Big difference.

Username Hidden said:
I had a 1st gen pair with stunning ruby lenses. I had others which were 1st gen and they were not as red, they had the purple and fire to the edges. The photo below is the stunners.

View attachment 181638

Have you still got these ?

(My Ultra Red Juliet SKU pair) Brand New In Box.

image_33.jpg