• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny T6 Screw Replacement

CyclopsFan92

Oakley Enthusiast
Is it possible to replace the T6 screws in a Penny? I replaced my lenses earlier today and I believe the screw on the right lens is slightly stripped, or starting to strip. It's secure now, but should I ever need to remove the lens for any reason, will I be able to replace this part?

EDIT: More specifically, IF the screw is stripped and will not unscrew, how would I get it out?

Is it possible to replace the T6 screws in a Penny? I replaced my lenses earlier today and I believe the screw on the right lens is slightly stripped, or starting to strip. It's secure now, but should I ever need to remove the lens for any reason, will I be able to replace this part?

EDIT: More specifically, IF the screw is stripped and will not unscrew, how would I get it out?
If you can’t unscrew it due to the head being stripped, try a little piece of fabric in the head. It might help fill in the slack and let you unscrew it. A better screwdriver, or at least a better fitting one, might help as well. Last resort would be to drill it out, but if you don’t have experience doing that, sending it to a veteran customizer will be your best bet.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I did some more research on my own (admittedly, I made the original post right after my discovery and I was a little panicked), and I managed to find a user here with an eBay page. I believe his name is something like "oxm.parts" or something similar? Judging by the posts from other threads, he seems like a well-respected and legitimate member of the Oakley community, but I just wanted to be sure before I ordered replacement parts from him.

I did manage to get the damaged screw out, by the way. I went ahead and removed it while I was sure I was still able to.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I did some more research on my own (admittedly, I made the original post right after my discovery and I was a little panicked), and I managed to find a user here with an eBay page. I believe his name is something like "oxm.parts" or something similar? Judging by the posts from other threads, he seems like a well-respected and legitimate member of the Oakley community, but I just wanted to be sure before I ordered replacement parts from him.

I did manage to get the damaged screw out, by the way. I went ahead and removed it while I was sure I was still able to.
Yep and he's here on the forum. His name is @scienergy

How’d you get it out?

How’d you get it out?
Sorry about the VERY late reply! Haven't logged in in a while. I never put the screw all the way back in after I realized it wasn't acting right, so I was able to very carefully and slowly rotate it back out. I've since gotten the replacement screw and my Penny is as good as new!

Latest Posts

Back