• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny X-men?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First gen XM/Ruby Penny is not a pair that is hard to come by at all, but it's expensive, running about $1000. I had my pair for sale on here for months before it sold.

First gen XM/Ruby Penny is not a pair that is hard to come by at all, but it's expensive, running about $1000. I had my pair for sale on here for months before it sold.
You will certainly pay a premium for a good pair, but I do not see them readily available anywhere or prices would be far less. I could easily count on one hand the amount of XM penny's ive seen for sale in the last 12 years.

You will certainly pay a premium for a good pair, but I do not see them readily available anywhere or prices would be far less. I could easily count on one hand the amount of XM penny's ive seen for sale in the last 12 years.

Agreed. I had one. Sold it. Went in minutes. Have had non-serialized, no box pairs since, but the full set, real deal isn't common. This should be close in price (but definitely slightly less) than the full set copper penny. Even within the full set penny rubys I've seen, there's a variance between the full-on purple ruby and the XMetal Juliet Ruby X serial 5K-15K, centre is purple but Fire on the edges, types.

Hope this helps. Sorry it's anal!

IMGA03182.jpg

PS For some reason, I have an extreme affection for this model. Before I ever owned one, I prayed that they would suit me if I should ever own one. They don't. Size doesn't fit my face. Feel too loose.

Independently verified by wife and friends. I still keep a set just to look at (no display - Jeez! most of your display cabinets are half the size of my Tokyo apartment). But they are, in my mind just a tiny notch below the Top Shelf (Romeo Jordan. Mars Jordan, Copper Penny, XS Plasma, 24K Juliet and XS).

I wear Juliets and XX constantly. But I keep a Penny that doesn't suit me and I never wear. And everytime I get it out its bag, I get a thrill and hope something has changed (my skull?) that would allow me to wear such an effing cool piece.

Last edited:
I like to wear the pairs I have, and the Penny is just sooooo small. That's the only reason I sold it. It's a badass looking X-metal, but designed for tiny heads. :(

I like to wear the pairs I have, and the Penny is just sooooo small. That's the only reason I sold it. It's a badass looking X-metal, but designed for tiny heads. :(
Agreed.

But aesthetically it's like the Grand Canyon or a Ming Vase. Any purist XM collector will keep a pair just to admire it. try it on and then curse the fact that their face and skull doesn't suit it.

I have a pair. I have a 3 year old.

Venn...

Penny is definitely a must for every collection whether it fits or not. I personally love the penny, but the spring h I nges make it feel loose like it's going to fall off your face if u look down. I rock whether it fits or not. I just like it.

So I inquired about this pair that's been listed on Kijiji (Canada's version of Craigslist) since November. Priced seemed to good to be true but you never know.

Oakley Penny x men cyclops lunette de soleil item de collection | bijoux, montres | Trois-Rivières | Kijiji

Asked the seller to send me a pic of the serial number - he asked where the serial number is. Bad sign. Then asked him to send me a pic of the box to confirm if they were x-metal or titanium frames. Turns out they're a pair of non-serialized titanium/VR28 that he's thrown a pair of Linegear lenses into and calling them penny xmen. Tried to tell me he wasn't being dishonest because they're real pennys.

A nice pair of pennys, sure, but not what he's claiming they are.

Buyer beware!

Those have been for sale forever and he won't go below $425 CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back