• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny XM with low serial

Jon Naxton

Oakley Expert
Hi all.

I have just received these little beauties. I was originally going to buy them as an investment as am getting married next year. I would then put the money towards the wedding but after seeing them in the flesh I'm now seriously considering that route! ha ha

They came complete with all paperwork, extra nose bombs, all paperwork, Penny medal, even the foam is spot on. Also, most importantly, a matching box complete with matching serial. Serial number is below the 1000 mark as well so nice and low.

What do you guys think? Should I keep or sell on?

The seller stated they were as new, only worn twice and said there was not a mark on them. I confirmed this by a separate message as well. Looking at them the frames are amazing, nice and tight all over and not a mark on them. There are a couple of marks on each lens, extremely superficial and don't interfere with vision etc. They look like cleaning marks to me. Not sure whether to kick up a fuss about that or let it lie, what do you think?

(You can see the mark in the last lens picture)

DSC05190.JPG
DSC05191.JPG
DSC05192.JPG
DSC05193.JPG
DSC05194.JPG
DSC05196.JPG

I'm trying to get a feel for the value since I'm looking for my first pair of Penny. Can you tell me about what you paid?

yep - you did get a great price. seller told me he had been offered £600 to sell outside ebay but obviously that never materialised. i was the high bidder until your snipe bid at the last second - happy to know you were prepared to go higher....

i think the fair market price of these will be around the £600 mark - maybe the mark on the lens will make a difference to the hardened collector.

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Hi mjt

Yeah i contacted the seller and asked about a price. At first he said £750, then they got taken off and then reappeared saying he would accept offers around £650. I was tempted but thought i would just see how the auction went. I honestly thought they would shoot up at the end, or the seller would pull them off before the end of the auction.

I apologise for taking them off you last minute though, chuffed to win them but not as good of a feeling when it's from a fellow forum member.

I was thinking around the £600- £650 price mark so, if it comes to it, a little extra for the wedding fund.

If i paid that sort of money and they arrived with the mark i would have contacted the seller but as i paid a great price I might just leave it be. I think some people's version of 'like new' when it comes to Oakley's is a bit different to people on here.

no worries. i already bought a pair back in may - my pics are on here somewhere but here's one of them...
7d2f163f1aac92b244164fcabee2d22b.jpg

i should maybe apologise for pushing the price up but i would have had them at my ceiling price!

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Yeah it
Hi mjt

Yeah i contacted the seller and asked about a price. At first he said £750, then they got taken off and then reappeared saying he would accept offers around £650. I was tempted but thought i would just see how the auction went. I honestly thought they would shoot up at the end, or the seller would pull them off before the end of the auction.

I apologise for taking them off you last minute though, chuffed to win them but not as good of a feeling when it's from a fellow forum member.

I was thinking around the £600- £650 price mark so, if it comes to it, a little extra for the wedding fund.

If i paid that sort of money and they arrived with the mark i would have contacted the seller but as i paid a great price I might just leave it be. I think some people's version of 'like new' when it comes to Oakley's is a bit different to people on here.
It is hard to be like lenses are not mint, as most Likely he would ask you return it because it was sold to cheaply. Might want to contact and see if he will do something for you.

Cheers for the reply Dingo

Yeah i may well just send him a message and see what he says. It's one of those situations whereby i'm a little dissapointed there's a mark, when i was told they were mint, but definitely not enough to warrant me sending them back. (which will 100% not be an option by the way ha ha)