• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny XM with low serial

Congrats!And if you don't like them I will gladly pay you today 500+shipping to Europe:)

Well i messaged the seller who was very kind and apologetic. He said he gave them a good look over and didn't see the mark(s) and if I wanted to send them back he would give me a full refund with postage no problem at all.

I've said many thanks but I may as well keep hold of them, saves the hassle of sending them back ;)

Marks or no marks these are still a stunning pair of sunglasses!

haha! i'm sure he would take them back!

is the mark the dot in the middle of the lens or the one in line with the orbital break? either way, they are a great pair...

are they for display or wearing? mine sit mainly in the cabinet as penny's are too small for me plus i would want to maintain their condition....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Cheers for the reply Dingo

Yeah i may well just send him a message and see what he says. It's one of those situations whereby i'm a little dissapointed there's a mark, when i was told they were mint, but definitely not enough to warrant me sending them back. (which will 100% not be an option by the way ha ha)
I agree, you are happy with the product just going for the customer experience at this point. But definitely keep them or send them to me. Those are your only real options.

haha! i'm sure he would take them back!

is the mark the dot in the middle of the lens or the one in line with the orbital break? either way, they are a great pair...

are they for display or wearing? mine sit mainly in the cabinet as penny's are too small for me plus i would want to maintain their condition....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

The marks are shown below, the ones on the right lens are very small and difficult to photograph. The left lens one is noticeable but only in certain lights. I think they are both superficial and difficult to see unless in the right light/angle. I like to be picky though ha ha

They will be for display, I'm the same as you and the penny are just too small for my head/face, although i have tried to convince myself otherwise on numerous occasions! I'm more of an x-squared man..

DSC05192.JPG

DSC05194.JPG

Very nice set - in fact I emailed the seller as well and he offered them to me for £700, but I thought I'd let the auction run and hopefully put a cheeky offer in at the end. I had to go out that night and kicked myself later, as I couldn't believe they went for so little. Like you I thought there would be a last minute surge on these - nicely played! ;)

Thanks DylFin

I reckon the seller had quite a few emails about them, he was looking for around £650 so as the auction end got close i thought there was no way he was going to let it end for this price. Even when i won them i still didn't think it was going to come off until they were in my hand. So when they arrived i had the biggest smile on my face. After doing my research on here, the XM penny are one of the most sought after Penny models (along with the copper) and the matching set is just the icing on the cake, so am really chuffed to have joined that club :D