• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny

Good afternoon again Maxxed94. Are you selling any of your Pennies? That's what I came to understand. I'm very interested in a pair of Oakley Penny's. A pair that begins with the letters XM before the numbers. My deepest apologies for not being a premium member yet. I can't see any of the prices for your Penny collection due to that fact. As I mentioned in my earlier text to you that I have been trying to locate a bridge for my polished pair of Pennies. I have no idea when I will be able to purchase a membership. So I'm hoping that you and I are able to correspond with one another. It's difficult trying to know if I'm welcome or not. Just a big Oakley fan who loves my X-Metal shades and Zero collection. I have a few pairs of the Zero brand new in the box from back in the early 90's. The actual date is 1993 . They are the Zero 0.1 with a set of OEM Oakley ear socks in white with the nose piece white as well. I have the Black set that came with them when purchased new. Brush/Black tha Along with a pair of Zero 0.3P Brush/Black that are in mint condition. 10 out of 10 in my opinion. Thank you for hearing me out.
Sincerely Mark Steward
Just make 12 more posts and you’ll have full access to the exchange.

XP is the prefix to the plasma XX
I have been trying to locate a pair of these Oakley Penny's for or a while now. I have a friend who is a collector of the X-Metal line. He has a couple pairs of the Penny that begin with XM. When I asked him what the XM meant he told me that the letters XM stand for X Men ( The Movies ) due to the fact that they were worn by the actor who portrayed Cyclops. He wore the Oakley Juliet ( gray with ruby lenses ) in the first film. In XMen 2 he wore the Oakley Penny gray with ruby lenses. The answer I received by a long time friend and Oakley collector. If my answer is incorrect. Please let me know. When it comes to Oakley shades especially the X-Metal line along with the Zero line. I take pride in trying to know as much as I possibly can about my favorites from Oakley. Although if I'm wrong. Please right me along with the information I have provided.
Sincerely Mark Steward/a.k.a oakleyxman13

Last edited:
I have been trying to locate a pair of the Oakley Penny for a while now. I have a friend who is a collector of the X-Metal line. He has a couple pairs of the Penny that begin in XM. When I asked him what the XM meant he told me that the letters XM stand for X Men ( The Movies ) due to the fact that they were worn by the actor who portrayed Cyclops. He wore the Oakley Juliet ( in the first film. In XMen 2
Is your friend on the forum here?

Is your friend on the forum here?
I'm not sure. His name is Paul and I met him online when I was looking for a pair of the Oakley Romeo 1. He told me that the "J " before the numbers meant Jordan. Therefore making them a little higher in price. Paul has been a good friend. He has helped me understand so many different things about the X-Metal line. I'm sorry that I can't remember his last name.

I'm not sure. His name is Paul and I met him online when I was looking for a pair of the Oakley Romeo 1. He told me that the "J " before the numbers meant Jordan. Therefore making them a little higher in price. Paul has been a good friend. He has helped me understand so many different things about the X-Metal line. I'm sorry that I can't remember his last name.

Don’t think that’s right…

XP is the prefix to the plasma XX
I hope that you recieved my message about the X-Metal Penny. The XM stands for the X Men. Juliet's/ruby lenses worn in the first movie. The second movie Cyclops wore the Penny/gray ruby lenses. I trust that my friend has given me accurate information about this subject

I hope that you recieved my message about the X-Metal Penny. The XM stands for the X Men. Juliet's/ruby lenses worn in the first movie. The second movie Cyclops wore the Penny/gray ruby lenses. I trust that my friend has given me accurate information about this subject
Im not a Penny man and there is allot better knowledge to seek out other than me on that model but when it comes to XX's I can tell you what you need to know. It was mentioned about the XP not XM and I was just making clear the XP is used on the XX model of glasses not the penny.

My apologies for sending you a message that was intended for someone else. Although I must say thank you all for the warm reception. I have to become a premium member a.s.a.p. have a great new year XxrumkaxX
Im not a Penny man and there is allot better knowledge to seek out other than me on that model but when it comes to XX's I can tell you what you need to know. It was mentioned about the XP not XM and I was just making clear the XP is used on the XX model of glasses not the penny.

Most your friend has told you about X-Metal is incorrect.
Here the Serial No.