• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

People Running Purchasing Bots On Oakleyvault

RexxCastle

Oakley Expert
After watching the vault website for the last few months i honestly think people are using purchasing bots to grab merchandise I have seen FAR too many items literally appear in front of me only for me to click and and say "out of stock" within 60 seconds of it popping up..

I just had this happened with the Matte Black/grey Monster dogs that pooped up. I literately saw them come up, added to cart and "sold out" 30 seconds. Considering it is close to 4am on a weekday i cant imagine hordes of Oakley buyers are up on the site.

I have seen apps that to this type of thing on ebay around for years, all they are for the most part is scripts that have set keywords/variables that constantly refresh the site and automatically add and purchase when an item that meets the criteria pops up.

Its very frustrating when a pair of glasses you have actually been hoping to see again on the vault pops up before your eyes only to have them sold out in less than a minute.

After watching the vault website for the last few months i honestly think people are using purchasing bots to grab merchandise I have seen FAR too many items literally appear in front of me only for me to click and and say "out of stock" within 60 seconds of it popping up..

I just had this happened with the Matte Black/grey Monster dogs that pooped up. I literately saw them come up, added to cart and "sold out" 30 seconds. Considering it is close to 4am on a weekday i cant imagine hordes of Oakley buyers are up on the site.

I have seen apps that to this type of thing on ebay around for years, all they are for the most part is scripts that have set keywords/variables that constantly refresh the site and automatically add and purchase when an item that meets the criteria pops up.

Its very frustrating when a pair of glasses you have actually been hoping to see again on the vault pops up before your eyes only to have them sold out in less than a minute.

Ever go to the Oakly Standard Issue site? I have an account there and they're really cheap.

The only ones they have on there are the Polarized ones, and they're definitely cheaper.

SI Monster Dog Polarized, Matte Black Frame / Polarized Grey Lens, 12-838
$90.00
FA3D69A6-3048-812A-2E1CA186851BB63C.jpg

I would be afraid to use a purchasing bot! What if something gets f**ked up, and you end up purchasing a crapload of stuff?!

A lot of the previously sold out pairs that hit the Vault site again have very limited quantities (like 1 or 2 units), so it could just be a case of other people beating you to the deal.
The web coding for the Vault is garbage anyway. I've encountered items that show stock, but when you click on it to buy, you get the "sold out" message. Go back to the item page, and it still shows stock.
Seriously, the selection at the Vault has been crap for the past few months (with a few exceptions). Not too much to fight over IMO.

Ever go to the Oakly Standard Issue site? I have an account there and they're really cheap.
Be careful if you are going to resell them and get a profit. They are cracking down big time on that. I know they monitor different places for that very thing.

Latest Posts

Back