• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

People's reactions to your glasses

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Have you guys had any funny encounters or reactions about your glasses? I just wore my OTT's out today to get some food and within 5 minutes a guy behind me at the drive thru was yelling at me asking where I got them, and the lady giving me my food said, "here's your glasses" when she handed me my drink. :laugh: When she came back to give me my food there were like 5 employees standing at the window looking at me HAHA. Damn do these things attract attention!

I'm sure OTT's get the most attention compared to the other frames.

I was in Boston wearing my Plasma/Ice XX's and judging from what everyone else wears over there, they were the loudest sunglasses on the street. While walking around Copley Square, a homeless guy pointed me out yelling, "Man those are some crazy @ss glasses! I'm sure you got some spare change on you!"

I just ignored him and kept walking :lol:

I've had rather normal conversations start because other people are Oakley wearers and notice me wearing them. Nothing really funny unfortunately.

I get a lot of conversations about my Frogs (usually: "Wow! I remember those! Where did you get them!?). Not so much w/my Jupiters (a few compliments), Fives, or Square-Wires.

Have you guys had any funny encounters or reactions about your glasses? I just wore my OTT's out today to get some food and within 5 minutes a guy behind me at the drive thru was yelling at me asking where I got them, and the lady giving me my food said, "here's your glasses" when she handed me my drink. :laugh: When she came back to give me my food there were like 5 employees standing at the window looking at me HAHA. Damn do these things attract attention!

i wish you wouldve took a video of you going in the drive thru. funny story man.

Unless you are wearing a particularly unusual or flashy frame or lens colour, I don't think Joe Public really notices - unless they know their sunglasses or are a fellow collector, then you sometimes get a smile or a nod of recognition.

Except white frames, of course, which still attract douchey sneers or stifled giggles in the street - but then that is what they are for - days when you are feeling brave.

Or douchey.

Unless it is snowing - which is the exception to the rule.

But anyway, I only get people staring or craning their necks when I wear my Plasma/Fire Romeos, or some of my louder Hijinx. But no-one has subsequently walked into a lamp-post or fallen down a manhole or anything, so I can't think of any particularly amusing anecdotes I'm afraid.

I get the most looks when wearing my clear Monster Doggles. Which I find interesting because they aren't my loudest frames.

It is quite an unusual frame though - certainly in terms of size.
I always thought that it blurred the lines somewhat between a men's and women's frame, due to the size/design of the orbitals.

Mrs H has a brown tort Monster Doggle, which really suit her. But I look like a total ponce in them.

Back