• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Perfect lens for the beach?

Mark7575

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I'm loving my tungsten prizm rz lens but am looking for a new pair. Spotted the wiretap 2.0 in a sunglasses shop and liked the frame. I like the look of the green and blue prizm daily lens but after some research see that they have a grey base and one of the things I like about my current pair is the enhanced contrast which I believe comes with the brown lens. I will generally use my new glasses on holiday, on the beach, near water. Would the Oakley sport DWL lens or Shallow water lens be a good option as they have a rose lens rather than a grey lens? Either more preferable? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

I would suggest a sport Frame like Half Jacket 2.0, Flak Jacket, or Flak 2.0 Good coverage, inexpensive, RX compatible lots of lens choice.
If you don't do any on water activities no need for DWP or SWP.
Expensive and you pay for a feature you don't need unless you are on the Water.
My combo atm for outdoor activities is a Half Jacket 2.0 with 24K progressive lenses.

I would suggest a sport Frame like Half Jacket 2.0, Flak Jacket, or Flak 2.0 Good coverage, inexpensive, RX compatible lots of lens choice.
If you don't do any on water activities no need for DWP or SWP.
Expensive and you pay for a feature you don't need unless you are on the Water.
My combo atm for outdoor activities is a Half Jacket 2.0 with 24K progressive lenses.
Thanks for the advice..I actually have an old pair of flak jackets that I don't really wear anymore. The prizm lens on my current pair is soo much better . I looked at the 24k lens.. Not sure about the color tbh. Liked the blue/greens in the daily range but then wasn't sure about the grey lens.

When I lived in the med I was paddle boarding every day off and dwp in my flaks was great. I still use the dwp now even when I’m not around the water.

I also liked wearing ice iridium and ruby/ruby prizm around the water as well but not everyone is a fan of the blue colour when looking through ruby iridium.

I like neutral base colors like brown or grey.
Blue and green base color are not ideal for me wile driving at 140Miles an hour on the Autobahn.

I like neutral base colors like brown or grey.
Blue and green base color are not ideal for me wile driving at 140Miles an hour on the Autobahn.
I thought the DWL was a rose base even though it looks blue when looking at it? Any thoughts on DWL v the Shallow Water version. I think the SWL now comes in prescription as well?

Hi all,

I'm loving my tungsten prizm rz lens but am looking for a new pair. Spotted the wiretap 2.0 in a sunglasses shop and liked the frame. I like the look of the green and blue prizm daily lens but after some research see that they have a grey base and one of the things I like about my current pair is the enhanced contrast which I believe comes with the brown lens. I will generally use my new glasses on holiday, on the beach, near water. Would the Oakley sport DWL lens or Shallow water lens be a good option as they have a rose lens rather than a grey lens? Either more preferable? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
Flak 2.0 with DWP.

@Mark7575 I think the benifit of DWP over SWP is going to be the lower light transmission level of DWP, at 12% compared to 15% for SWP.

I find the SWP seems much lighter than the DWP in use.

Back