• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pet Owners?dog, Cat, Crocodile?

@razewire that is a very sad sorry. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's really nice that you foster kittens and congrats and good luck on the new member to your family.

Oh and here is a picture of my siberian husky. I bet he would love to be in that snow in razewire picture. I'm in Florida so we don't get snow it lowers to like 10 degres F once in a blue moon but that's about it.

bc7a8d9a.jpg

@razewire that is a very sad sorry. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's really nice that you foster kittens and congrats and good luck on the new member to your family.
Thanks!

Yeah, I was in quite a rut when our first two cats passed away. They were more than pets to us. They were family and for a while I had some anger issues from the frustration. But our two new cats have brought happiness and I've learned to not stew on the frustration but really remember them in happy times.

Oh and here is a picture of my siberian husky. I bet he would love to be in that snow in razewire picture. I'm in Florida so we don't get snow it lowers to like 10 degres F once in a blue moon but that's about it.

bc7a8d9a.jpg
I adopted a husky in college. She hated the Vegas heat. LOL

I've always been a cat person too and am thinking about adopting another one soon. My girlfriend is not fond of them though! Here is my old cat Ziggy. I taught him to be a hunter at a young age so here are some of his kills! Unfortunately, I had to give him away when I went to Iraq for 7 months. He went to a good home and became a barn cat who eviscerated rodents daily who would try and infiltrate the barn. He is very happy there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been a cat person too and am thinking about adopting another one soon. My girlfriend is not fond of them though! Here is my old cat Ziggy. I taught him to be a hunter at a young age so here are some of his kills! Unfortunately, I had to give him away when I went to Iraq for 7 months. He went to a good home and became a barn cat who eviscerated rodents daily who would try and infiltrate the barn. He is very happy there!
JIVE, you are awesome, i love cat owners. From one kitty lover to another you have one beautiful cat there. :) Mika left me a few dead mice, dead lizard, and a dead bird in my bedroom one time lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing, I used to be a dog person. Grew up with dogs all the way to college. Then one year I had to cat sit my sister's Scottish Fold and ever since it's been strictly cats. Had two cats before the current two. The two previous cats both passed away at a tender age of four. The older one named Azrael, a grey tabby, had a urinary blockage and had to get surgery to unblock it. When they woke him up after surgery he passed away due to a weak heart. My wife and I were on vacation over Christmas so it was our pet sitter, bless her heart, who took him in to get the surgery. She called us in tears and my wife was devastated as that cat was her favorite of the two. What made it worse was that we weren't there for him when he passed away.

The younger one, Kimahri, was a tabby snowshoe mix and was my favorite of the two. He was diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma. He had a tumor in his neck which I discovered one day and we had it removed. We put him through chemo and radiation treatment but the cancer eventually spread to his lungs. Eventually his kidneys started failing and we put him down. I had a really tough time with that as he was only four and I was completely frustrated at how he could possibly have died from lymphoma at such a young age.

Fast forward to now where we have Torako, a orange tabby and Sora the Siamese snowshoe mix. We adopted them only a couple of weeks apart so they get a long far better than the previous two did. The previous two were roommates at best as we adopted them about a year apart but our current two guys are best friends and get along famously.

We also foster kittens every year and went through eight total this summer alone. We have to put fostering on hold though as my wife and I are expecting a baby in April.
My first cat was a stray yellow Tabby. I loved that cat, but he eventually got a tumor in his right rear leg, which swelled up quite badly. I had to go with my mom, and drop him off at the Vet hospital...feeling miserable letting him be in that condition.
i had to go to work that day and probably shouldn't have. He passed away later that day. Been miserable and a ******* to people ever since. But now i have Mika, whom i take great care of.
I have a framed photo of Tiger on my wall above my monitor, along with his ashes. so im much calmer now knowing he's in a better , safe place.

Congratulations on the baby razer.

@jiveSEVEN
cool pics . . . did you visit Ziggy after you are back now?!

JIVE, you are awesome, i love cat owners. From one kitty lover to another you have one beautiful cat there. :) Mika left me a few dead mice, dead lizard, and a dead bird in my bedroom one time lol.

yoshi, thanks man :). yes I love cats and want to get another one but I have to convince the lady! Do you still have Mika? I love when cats bring us presents!