• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Petterson Frogskins

doowahditty

I should Work at Oakley
Washington State
3 separate pairs of Petterson Froggies just got posted on eBay if anyone is interested. #'s 9, 10, and 43. They were listed at $3999.99 each. Don't know if that's a good price or not but I know they are rare.

3 separate pairs of Petterson Froggies just got posted on eBay if anyone is interested. #'s 9, 10, and 43. They were listed at $3999.99 each. Don't know if that's a good price or not but I know they are rare.
They are all fakes confirmed by Andrew himself. I've tried to contact ebay about each one. that seller has 4. the seller has no idea they are faked as well. Many details confirm this as do the pervious owners of each of the real ones. 4k for a tater is insanely overpriced especially for those particular ones. Andrew Petterson (tater) painted 50 different pairs in a series. to own any of the 50 would be a great accomplishment but I'd say even the best one would only fetch 1500-2000 on the best day. A friend of mine purchased #14 from the original seller these pairs came from and ended up sending them back after confirmation. those never popped up for sale again..

It's extremely important to do proper research on any taters before purchasing. so many have been faked... it's such a shame.

The only frogs that would fetch that kind of coin would be the supreme tiger camo or perhaps the desert camo. still a stretch.

It's extremely important to do proper research on any taters before purchasing. so many have been faked... it's such a shame.

The only frogs that would fetch that kind of coin would be the supreme tiger camo or perhaps the desert camo. still a stretch.

Brian this does suck. I would pass on a pair that I was offered if I couldn't take some time and detailed pics and talk to you here about it. I've never seen a pair of these in person. Is there a Master List that he (or Oakley) made? Something to compare a "Potential" pair to? I doubt if I'd ever run across, or buy one if I did, but I'm curious.

Brian this does suck. I would pass on a pair that I was offered if I couldn't take some time and detailed pics and talk to you here about it. I've never seen a pair of these in person. Is there a Master List that he (or Oakley) made? Something to compare a "Potential" pair to? I doubt if I'd ever run across, or buy one if I did, but I'm curious.
Petterson Frogskins
O-review has a listing of all the Frogskins.

The pictures on O review are like stock photos of the taters. I know the previous owners of a lot of them so if there is a pair in question I'd be happy to either ask them or Andrew. he's always willing to chat about his stuff.

It's cool as hell that you know him personally and he's okay verifying them. That I'd obviously be okay with were I to run across a pair for sale and have the inclination to get them. I strongly doubt that would happen though.

...now...let's talk about him doing Holbrooks....I'd be living in a van down by the river, but I'd have some kick-ass customs!!
:)

It's cool as hell that you know him personally and he's okay verifying them. That I'd obviously be okay with were I to run across a pair for sale and have the inclination to get them. I strongly doubt that would happen though.

...now...let's talk about him doing Holbrooks....I'd be living in a van down by the river, but I'd have some kick-ass customs!!
:)
He does custom Holbrooks or any Oakley you'd want done. be prepared his services do not come cheap. at about 1k starting point just FYI. Juno has a couple beautiful brooks from tater. unbelievably beautiful