• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Photochromic Lens Experiences?

cmac3317

Oakley Beginner
I'm wondering what those of you who have used Oakley's photochromic lenses think of them. I'd appreciate any and all thoughts/opinions. Thanks!

Not really suited for full sun, I use a few regularly on high UV days to delay eye strain. Great if you only have one lens option for a long day.

Thanks, that's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for! How would you say they are for going quickly between areas with a lot of tree cover and full sun (like biking/running)? Would a Prizm lens be more suitable for something like that?

Thanks, that's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for! How would you say they are for going quickly between areas with a lot of tree cover and full sun (like biking/running)? Would a Prizm lens be more suitable for something like that?
Yes a Prizm lens like golf, dark golf, trail, or trail torch would be better. Photochromic doesn’t change quick enough to be handy going in and out of bright/dark places in my opinion.

I had some older ones that were a rose tint that got dark and loved them here in WA state. I lost them coming back from Montana after a match and am looking to replace them but finding they only make clear to dark so can't speak to those but really wish I could find some of the older ones. They were great for overcast conditions and when it cleared up darkened up perfectly. If anyone know what those were please let me know.

I had some older ones that were a rose tint that got dark and loved them here in WA state. I lost them coming back from Montana after a match and am looking to replace them but finding they only make clear to dark so can't speak to those but really wish I could find some of the older ones. They were great for overcast conditions and when it cleared up darkened up perfectly. If anyone know what those were please let me know.
Do you know what model it was?

Yes, thank you! It must have been the Persimmon to Grey lenses. I thought those were the perfect color for my mostly overcast conditions, too bad they don't still have them.

Back