• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Photocromic And Polarised Lens, Have Sense?

To be honest another brand that is polarised, will not be as nice to look through, than a non polarised Oakley product!

You cant beat Oakley lenses. Only one brand has optics that are comparable to Oakley and that is Julbo. The grandfather of all outdoor sports sunglasses. Julbo do not offer the same comfort or impact resistance though.
Yes and no. There are certain tradeoffs. High quality glass lenses will be clearer and have less distortion. But they are not impact rated, and must rely on UV coatings. Oakley uses polycarbonate lenses and makes optical corrections for that material. It gives their lenses impact protection and inherent UV protection.

Oakley is good stuff, but to dismiss all others as being inferior is to be ignorant.

But Oakley probably never combined polarized and photochromic since it would price them out of the game. Rudy Project glasses that have both are over $250.

Interesting.. Ive tried quite a few brands over the decades and the only ones I can look through for days on end are Oakley and Julbo.

Have to say though, I have not tried too many modern Oakleys and the ones I have do not have the same quality as the early models, such as Eyeshades or Sub Zero.. Its like looking through nothing at all. You forget you've got them on.

ive got some custom made lenses that are just as good or better than oakley's and they're polar. Oakley is good, but they're not the only fish in the sea.

A shame that Zeiss don't make sunglasses.. :)

I'd love to try some of these lenses..

My dad has some aviators he bought in the 70's and says the lenses are Zeiss. They're a very light tint. He said they were really expensive back then.

Latest Posts

Back