• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pic request - 3.0/3.1 Mega Tower top panel

IntenseImage

Oakley Enthusiast
I picked up a 3.0 recently and believe there should have been a panel on top covering the lights. If there was one, can someone please snap a pic of theirs so I can fab up something similar.

Thanks!

Yep, there should have been one. Its just a thin black piece with vents. I actually leave mine off. When lit, it give a nice glow on your back wall. But, thats just me, Im the artsy type.

20160826_081214.jpg

I do like how it lights up without the cover but figured if I did something up there I could display the O book up there since it's too big for the case display.

e07109aeaa5b2bc3a5ea6ac43c12e2fc.jpg

Thanks for the pic, if I can't get something in metal made similar I may just do a piece of black lexan with some slots drilled for airflow (upgrade to leds this weekend so heat not a concern)

I've got a line on a mega tower 3.1, but there is no lighting in it. Should be able to get it cheaper that way. Can anyone throw up some pix of 3.1 lighting in the top and the bottom portions, so I know what I need to do to retrofit? Thanks!

3.1 has the same panel that's in the bottom of the 3.0 in top and bottom (one with lights anyway)
The 3.1 top is different. It has a white plexi sheet like the bottom and has fluorescent light in there as opposed to the 3.0 with the halogens or leds.