• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pic request :Carbon Juliet/Fire lens with Linegear Orange rubber

OakleyCan

Oakley Expert
Canada
I've searched to no avail,

Looking for a picture of a Carbon Juliet/ Fire lens with orange Linegear rubber. Looking to order the rubber but i'd love to see a pair with this set up.

Here is a shot of a buddies XS with LG Orange rubber kit....Thx to @Razerwire for the pic.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419455830.580086.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419456438.203626.jpg

Last edited:
You just have to avoid crushing them when setting them in. When using a colored gasket its nice to leave as much exposed as possible.

Last edited:
You just have to avoid crushing them when setting them in. When using a colored gasket its nice to leave as much exposed as possible.

I caution on that one - other than color, that is the main difference between OEM and LG gaskets for those frames; the OEM ones are a hard plastic you can snug up tightly while the LG ones are the same silicone as the rest of their rubbers, and you can squish them up if you tighten too much.

But if you leave it too loose to keep them from squishing, the risk is greater - the screws might work themselves loose and fall out, then you'll have to replace them. And if the screws fall out, you might lose the gaskets, too. Not to mention lens rattle...

In my experience it's a matter of fine tuning to find the right balance, where they are snug enough to be secure but not so snug that the gaskets are squished so thin you can't really see them...

I second @kronin323 there - they do look to me like they need to be tightened up a bit more there, though it does vary from frame to frame.