• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picked Up A Doublewide 3.1 Tower

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
I actually got this tower last Wednesday, but had to put in a bit of work before i could put my glasses in it. Long story short, a friend of a friend's tennis shop had been broken into and the thieves smashed the rear plexiglass and took everything inside. Insurance is going to cover replacements and this one was going away. I picked it up for $100 and put in about $50 and this is the result:

6592831665_0b8e2b05b1_b.jpg

It's only one quick picture since my entire collection is not displayed as my wife doesn't know about my pick ups since i joined the forums. She was already rolling her eyes when i got my hands on this, but she's ok with it since it was an insane deal. :tongue:

In any case, hope you guys like! :dance3:

It is by no means pristine. There are tons of little scratches here and there, there are a few missing screws, the rear plexiglass isn't original, had to JB weld some screws in as they were bent, and one of the mirrors was cracked so i had to get rid of it. But for what i paid, it's still a great deal and i would still give it an 8.5/10. Still looks great, lights and locks work.

I've been collecting for over 15 years and i finally got the case i've been wanting. Yours will come if you want it bad enough :smile:

CONGRATS SpliceD!!!
this is a pretty sweet display dude . . . hard to come by in my area.
love the Garfield :thumb:

what.the.hell. all i can do is cast a glance fill with jealousy and envy.

haha!

nice pick up dude! insane deal for sure. now, fill up that doublewide!

Back