• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picked up a new case over the weekend

96.SVT.COBRA

I should Work at Oakley
I have been talking with the previous owner for almost 2 months about the case. Distance between us and price were a few of the sticking points for each of us. We managed to keep in contact with each other and we were able to come together on a fair agreement and I now have my 2nd case! Here is a teaser pic as I still have some assembling to do but you can probably guess what case it is from the picture:

IMG_0153_zpszjuknaej.jpg

Plenty of questions I will need advice on with the lighting but that will have to wait till I get the actual case assembled. More pics to come!

Those lights, as I'm sure most know, are from the O Stores. They're by a company called Cooper Crouse-Hinds and are explosion proofs, industrial grade. Very pricey and totally legit!

Nice aluminum double wide! the lights look cool

Yep an X-Metal double wide. I feel like I am missing a couple of pieces but the main items are there. Just some nuts/bolts I'm missing.

Those lights, as I'm sure most know, are from the O Stores. They're by a company called Cooper Crouse-Hinds and are explosion proofs, industrial grade. Very pricey and totally legit!

They are heavy as hell that's for sure! I won't be installing them right away as I may try to retro fit some LED bulbs along with hopefully making it into a 3 prong to plug straight into the wall.

Here's the start of filling it up! Got a couple pieces out to the X-Man that should be back in the mail soon and that will fill up the top shelf a bit more. I got more pieces I want to add but the case purchase will set that timetable back a little bit

IMG_0154_zps66zzxtlu.jpg

Looks great! Yes, those lights are heavy indeed. The anchors you have for them in your picture definitely need to be mounted in a wall stud or ceiling joist to support their weight depending on how you install them.

Looks great! Yes, those lights are heavy indeed. The anchors you have for them in your picture definitely need to be mounted in a wall stud or ceiling joist to support their weight depending on how you install them.

Good to know that's what those are for! I knew it was for the lights somehow but that makes alot of sense. There is a hoop/loop on the wiring for the lights, is that what actually holds it to the ceiling?

Yes indeed, that braided loom with the loops is designed to work with the hook to suspend the pendant light.

Latest Posts

Back