• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picked up a project

MicahS

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Wisconsin
Picked up a moderately used countertop case last weekend. Whoever had this before must have had it near an area that they were spray painting because its covered in overspray. Locks missing. Plastic scratched up. Light corrosion.

I think I'm going to disassemble it, strip the paint from the aluminum, replace the rusty hardware and polish scratched from the plastic before I reassemble.

Does anyone know why this had a lazy Susan mounted to the top? The mounting locations for it line up perfectly with the four holes in this one and my other one. They also line up with the threaded inserts that are in the bottom of the case. Makes we wonder if these could have had a rotating display installed in them....

20210712_192319.jpg

I would say yes to it having the lazy Susan in it, I don’t know if it attached to the top tho, I’ve never seen one in person

Perhaps it was a spinning countertop in its previous life.

View attachment 882325

Good call. I've never seen that one but that's gotta be why.

They must have had different versions of the same base unit because this one came with shelves and the shelf support brackets on the inside. The shelf brackets just sit in it and are only supported by the shelves once they are installed.

I'll take some pictures once I get it apart.

Interesting to see how it was setup for you.

Are you going to polish the countertop to a full shine?

Sheila Shine does an amazing job at restoring the aluminum.
Spray Nine Heavy Duty Degreaser does great, and doesn’t leave a residue either.

Here is the p/n for the X Metal keyed locks.

Thanks for hooking me up with some of the Sketches as well brother!

Back