• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

picked up a Tincan

Jontoad

I should Work at Oakley
Naperville, IL
i was really excited about these when they first came out, but when i tried them on at the Vault a few years ago i felt like the style didn't work on me (maybe it was the retail price telling me that, i dunno...) so i passed on them.

then last time i was at the Vault i tried them on again, because like i said, i really like the glasses themselves. i don't know what i was thinking cause they look fine on me, but i was there to buy a different pair that day.

i have been looking for deals on a pewter/BIP colorway. i finally i found one on ebay brand new for a little over 100 bux which is the lowest i have seen any of the polarized ones. so i pulled the trigger. i didn't know this frame came with this case too. that's nice.

168hc7o.jpg

33o1p50.jpg

Nice pickup and combo! I noticed that the nosepiece adjustment on this model can really change the look/fit.

Nice pickup and combo! I noticed that the nosepiece adjustment on this model can really change the look/fit.

my eyelashes are a bit close to the lenses cause i have long eye lashes, but i really like the fit and look other than that. the flex in the arms really makes for a comfortable fit and they feel great since they are so light. i am kinda used to my lashes being close to the lenses on some pairs though since i have Turbine lens cuts in two of my Xmetals. as long as my eyelashes don't touch and make marks it's all good.

Congrats!

Glad I'm not the only one who goes through frames that failed to impress initially, and then later, they work!

Sent from Q's Note5

My favorite current frame!

I'm finding that wearing the metal versions, I'm unable to wear them for long periods of time. They push in too much above my ears after wearing them for 3+ hours.

Now with the Tincan Carbons, you can wear them for a week with no discomfort.

i was really excited about these when they first came out, but when i tried them on at the Vault a few years ago i felt like the style didn't work on me (maybe it was the retail price telling me that, i dunno...) so i passed on them.

then last time i was at the Vault i tried them on again, because like i said, i really like the glasses themselves. i don't know what i was thinking cause they look fine on me, but i was there to buy a different pair that day.

i have been looking for deals on a pewter/BIP colorway. i finally i found one on ebay brand new for a little over 100 bux which is the lowest i have seen any of the polarized ones. so i pulled the trigger. i didn't know this frame came with this case too. that's nice.

168hc7o.jpg

33o1p50.jpg

Good looking shades! I'm down to the carbon Tincan or Carbon Blades for my next pair, and the more I look at the TCs the harder the decision gets for me.

Back