• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picked up my first X-Metal that's not an X-Squared...

They are awesome!

Very nice pair. Classic x-metal

Nice pickup

Thanks guys!

Sell us your xs

haha, sorry, XS are my favorite frames... and the pairs that I own are staying with me ;-)

It really looks like a 3rd gen base on the orbitals. What is the serial # on the stem?

Okay, after seeing your comment - I went digging for more info on these. As I said in the title, these are the first metals I've bought that weren't x-squared and my knowledge of them isn't the greatest. That being said, the box says 04-122 but the glasses themselves are non-serialized. My mistake! I was referring to the 04-122 vs. 04-145 product numbers assuming the "04-122" number was 1st gen and "04-145" was 2nd...

I can say I learned something new today!

So, just to confirm and please correct me if I'm wrong:

• 04-122:
    • XG###### on ear stem - 1st Gen
    • XG######A on ear stem - 2nd Gen
    • XG######B on ear stem - 3rd Gen
    • No serial on ear stem - 4th Gen
  • 04-145:
    • 04-145 on ear stem? - 5th Gen
Which means mine are 4th Gen :)

No matter what gen they are... I still love em! haha...

Great pair, the same color way that got me into this mess to begin with!

Thanks guys!

haha, sorry, XS are my favorite frames... and the pairs that I own are staying with me ;-)

Okay, after seeing your comment - I went digging for more info on these. As I said in the title, these are the first metals I've bought that weren't x-squared and my knowledge of them isn't the greatest. That being said, the box says 04-122 but the glasses themselves are non-serialized. My mistake! I was referring to the 04-122 vs. 04-145 product numbers assuming the "04-122" number was 1st gen and "04-145" was 2nd...

I can say I learned something new today!

So, just to confirm and please correct me if I'm wrong:

• 04-122:
    • XG###### on ear stem - 1st Gen
    • XG######A on ear stem - 2nd Gen
    • XG######B on ear stem - 3rd Gen
    • No serial on ear stem - 4th Gen
  • 04-145:
    • 04-145 on ear stem? - 5th Gen
Which means mine are 4th Gen :)

No matter what gen they are... I still love em! haha...
It's still an awesome pair(and my favorite gen). Honestly, w/o knowing the serial/sku # I can't tell the difference between 3rd and 4th gen. lol

It's still an awesome pair(and my favorite gen). Honestly, w/o knowing the serial/sku # I can't tell the difference between 3rd and 4th gen. lol

I was also curious, on your first post you said it looked like a 3rd gen base on the orbitals... can you elaborate on that? What is different? I find it interesting that you were able to tell what generation they most likely were just from this :)

Upper left: 3rd or 4th gen(I think) ----------- Both on the right: 1st gen
Bottom left: 2nd gen
Disclaimer: these are not mine. I think I got them on Flickr
13956672924_df611894ce_o.jpg

1st gen has that "bone" colored finished(almost white), while the 2nd one has the dark silver color. 3rd and 4th has a much darker silver tone.