• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pics Of My Overthetop As Requested

Ok so since I am new to this. What is FMJ. I see this with the silver ones But dont know what it means

Haha I only mean that because it's 1/4 of Oakleys lifetime they have been lost in the closet. Its like opening a treasure chest!

FMJ stand for Full Metal Jacket it was a colour used on many older pairs. It also came in a few variations of silver (lighter to darker) and then had different suffixes like FMJ 4.55.

FMJ 45mm, FMJ 5.56, FMJ 7.62, FMJ 9mm (all named after ammo sizes), FMJ+, FMJ white chrome, FMJ copper, FMJ Electric violet, FMJ Red, FMJ platinum. there was also electric mustard and black chrome (was an fmj with a transparent black coating over it) which were FMJ as well. the fmj coating isnt just paint- its vapor metallised deposition. a chunk of aluminium alloy is placed in a chamber with the frame parts, vaporised, and it adheres to the frame.

Love it..similar story to me. Ive had mine since 01 or so. My box is beat up as well! Glad you held on to em! Original owner OTT has to be super rare these days.
pugema3u.jpg

Back