• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picture display size in posts

No you're right, it is for overall better improvement - Previously all images were downsized to say "800x600", but this was across the board meaning when you were on your phone/tablet etc. it would expand the size of the screen to 800 px, making it massive and resulting in a terrible experience.

Now the images are truly responsive - meaning they will never be displayed larger than the width of your browser - but this may take up a lot of your screen if it's a MASSIVE image. We have a tendency on this forum to upload HUGE images (5MB+) with massive dimensions, but everyone really just wants to see small ones.

Working on scaling down the images, as not only do these huge images take a ton of space in server storage, but they slow down the load times of all our pages - and truthfully less than 1% of anyone in the world has the capability of truly viewing 5000x5000px images.

Short Answer - Stay Tuned!

Thanks.

I can't speak for the phone / tablet experience, but for 15" and 17" laptop screens it's having the opposite effect - I have to scroll vertically to see the entire picture, can't view it all at once. And if the focus is off a bit it becomes more obvious enlarged. And if it's of some ugly dude it's really even more like, "damn!"...

Thanks.

I can't speak for the phone / tablet experience, but for 15" and 17" laptop screens it's having the opposite effect - I have to scroll vertically to see the entire picture, can't view it all at once. And if the focus is off a bit it becomes more obvious enlarged. And if it's of some ugly dude it's really even more like, "damn!"...
We know who you REALLY meant. :eek:

Thanks.

On a 15" as well and agree 100% - Like I said it's for overall compatibility so if you view on a Phone/Tablet or even shrink your browser window you'll see all the images adjust appropriately. This is the responsive/mobile compatibility of the site. As we scale down/compress the images it should be more reasonable on the desktop side.

Put in a temporary fix for now - should be scaled back for display purposes! Enjoy Gents!

Latest Posts

Back