• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pictures of Half X-Metals while on ya?

They look nice, but the height of the lenses is what concerns me the most. If I come across a rather inexpensive pair...I might just pick it up. And if it doesn't fit right, I'll just try and move it back on here. If I can't...I'll just toss it in my display case I guess. On the other hand, I'm thinking maybe I should just stick with the Blade. Decisions decisions!! lol

I
They look nice, but the height of the lenses is what concerns me the most. If I come across a rather inexpensive pair...I might just pick it up. And if it doesn't fit right, I'll just try and move it back on here. If I can't...I'll just toss it in my display case I guess. On the other hand, I'm thinking maybe I should just stick with the Blade. Decisions decisions!! lol
know what you mean. It's hard to pick out a pair without trying them on. I bought a Badman, and gave it to my wife because of the fit. Tried an A/F Badman to replace it. Ended up trading it for my wife's. It gets harder when we start talking about O Matter frames.

Vertical coverage is bigger on half x vs Juliet. Horizontally the frame of half x fits smaller than Juliet.

If oem half x lenses are too big vertically then send it to a lens cutter to mod the style by dropping the height. I've done plenty of custom styled lenses for half rim and rimless Oakleys just because i disliked the oem style

Vertical coverage is bigger on half x vs Juliet. Horizontally the frame of half x fits smaller than Juliet.

If oem half x lenses are too big vertically then send it to a lens cutter to mod the style by dropping the height. I've done plenty of custom styled lenses for half rim and rimless Oakleys just because i disliked the oem style

That's not a bad idea. I mean...if it was something I was going to wear once in a while, I could see myself doing that. But I am looking for a set of glasses along with lenses (I still see OEM lenses for sale) that I can apply to everyday outdoor active applications instead of my Pennys and Juliets. I was hoping they wouldn't be larger than the Juliet...but if that's the case, I'm just simply going to pick up a black and a blue (ice) set of Blades to use for formal outdoor occasions. I all ready found the Half Jacket 2.0 (non XL) to use for athletic activities, beach, pool, riding, etc. So as far as the new Oakleys are concerned, the only ones for me are the Blades and Half Jackets. Glad the Blades come with Daily Prizm lenses along with polarized lenses. I give up looking for other options...was hoping to find a metal like frame of the Half Jacket...but no, don't think so...unless I cut the lens like you said to 30+mm.

image.jpg

Prob not much help but fwiw the bottom pair is my Half-X.

The half X does not have large lenses by any means, at least by modern standards. Compared to most of oakley's offerings today they are a medium sized lens, but If you're pushing it with a juliet already you probably would not like them. Personally I really like the way the half X fits, and the lens coverage. However for me the Juliet verges on being too small, and the penny is way too small.

Awesome pic man!!! Thanks so much! It really doesn't look THAT much bigger than the Juliet, yes...the lenses to look a bit larger. I guess they also look a little larger in the pic because they are right below the Penny. If I manage to come across one for a good price, I may just grab it and hope for the best. I'll be left with three options IF I'm not happy. I can either sell it, toss it in the X-Metal collection, or have the lenses cut a bit to fit me a bit better. Thanks for going out of your way for that pic, you cracked me up!! I really am diggin the MARS. Again, thank you!

Awesome pic man!!! Thanks so much! It really doesn't look THAT much bigger than the Juliet, yes...the lenses to look a bit larger. I guess they also look a little larger in the pic because they are right below the Penny. If I manage to come across one for a good price, I may just grab it and hope for the best. I'll be left with three options IF I'm not happy. I can either sell it, toss it in the X-Metal collection, or have the lenses cut a bit to fit me a bit better. Thanks for going out of your way for that pic, you cracked me up!! I really am diggin the MARS. Again, thank you!

No prob. I posted that pic a while back for my 500th post. Just had it on hand.

You can always have the lens edge contour changed to make it more aggressive looking and sleek. Let me know if you want pics.

Back