• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pike's Gold

zackedoo

Oakley Beginner
Been eyeing this pair down for a while now. Love the summit series but never pulled the trigger, until coming across these on backcountry for $35 thanks to a member here on the forum (forget who/which thread, but thanks to you if you see this). They also had the Basin Red pair which I bought for my girlfriend a while back and really liked with the Pink Iridium. Kicking myself HARD for not picking those up too while they were available.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd170/abcdefg35/IMG_5762.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd170/abcdefg35/IMG_5763.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought them from my local O-store, but yes they came with pink. Odd that backcountry says they come with grey, maybe it's just a mistake?

Edit: Scrolled down to the reviews, someone said they do indeed come with the pink lens.

I read somewhere that there will be 2014 re-releases as MPH with grey lenses instead of the original lenses...

Edit: I love my Mesa Orange frames ... Wish I also got the green frames and emerald lenses

My friend got the Basin Red pair and the pink iridium was more of a chrome with a slight pink coloration to it. Pretty nice actually.

Basin Reds are still available on backcountry, but it says they come with grey lens.

Yours came with pink?
Thanks for the heads up that they were still available, I figured out that I wasn't looking in the outlet section lol...but I talked to one of backcountry's reps and they told me it is a mistake on the site and the lenses are definitely pink.

lexkempo, I remember reading that here on the forum too. IMO that just wouldn't look right-these colorways look amazing with their matching lenses but would look odd with just plain grey

ericforman, I love the way they look. Kind of sucks that I won't be able to wear them on days that aren't overcast, but you win some you lose some.

After all, just put through my order for the basin reds. Guess I lost out on combined shipping, but still got 2 pairs of frogs for less than the price of a retail pair, so no complaints here.

Yea I love the pikes gold color along with this whole series of colors. My local vault has them all for $48-$58

Latest Posts

Back