• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pin & Coupler, Be warned folks wrong way could destroy your expensive frame - get the pro to help

Ry. 1982, challenge the existing coupler and rubber expert? buy from us, great discount (get on a shinkansen = fast train), save your money for R&D .

I have been asking for the couplers since oct, but I only work on my own stuff. I enjoy the hobby, and I already work for NASA. ;)

Just made these tonight.... :) Which ones are the OEM, which ones did I make?

IMG_1595.jpeg
IMG_0926.JPG

LOL, I put them together with loose couplers, but couldn't resist the urge.... They turned out just too dang good.

Correct, but I'm pretty sure you knew because of some of my prior posts.

No, the only other post I saw with these was the one you made on that 15 year old TiO2 thread and I don't recall you mentioning which one you made there. Contrary to appearances, I probably see less than half of the posts made across the forum... ;)

But it was an educated guess - real OEM TiO2 XX are much easier to get ahold of than real OEM TiO2 Juliets, so if you had one OEM and made the other, odds were you made the Juliets...

The question wasn't really fair, though - there is a slight difference to the x-metal coloration between the two, but how can one tell which is OEM, with colors often looking different than real life depending on lighting, camera, and display screen? A fair quiz would require three pairs, two of which are OEM - "Pair A is OEM. Of pairs B & C, one is OEM and one I made. Which one?" That gives a known control for comparison...

But yes, that's a pretty good job for such an early effort. :hi:

Back