• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pink? Fake Or Not?

Oakley ever release pink frogs?

Check out link: Oakley Frogskins Pink Frames with Chrome Iridium Lenses | eBay

My gut is that they are fake because none of the pictures show the tag on the box.

What do you think?

If we think of the contents of the picture to be how the Frogskin was issued I would consider the following; The glass appears to have a sku on the left arm, if so that cannot be a 24 code (unless it runs somewhere after 376, I have a complete list up to that from 001 and it is not listed), so you are left realistically with an 03 code...possible, but I cannot find any Frogskin with a sku that came in a box with no label. The warranty design is from 2005/07, so I would imagine if the pair is a few years old it would be known by now. The stitch in the microbag appears to be pink/white/pink, whereas a genuine bag is two pink rows of stitch. The cloth would not have come with an official pair, but I have seen fake cloths like this with the jagged edge. My belief is that the pair was not Oakley factory made, but does show aspects that are consistent with a real item.

Not the lenses I was concerned about, the colors were the concern... No SKU... But I had them confirmed by someone that has first hand knowledge about them...

I would imagine you would have asked the person who knew about the piece several questions, such as quantity made, when it was issued, how it was marketed, eg via website, handout, internal issue, and if it came with any additional items such as a specific microbag. Can you reveal any other information about the pair? It would seem to me that if this is exactly how it was produced it is a Grenade signature pair, with possibly/probably a Black lens in what looks like the Hot Spot frame. In effect, it would seem you could install the lens from 24-240 into the frame of 24-359 to create it, less the significant difference of the lack of sku on your pair. If the frame is indeed Hot Spot it would suggest it was made very recently, in view of the new Aquatique series.

My guess on the FGG pair is it was a prototype hotspot frame that someone swapped the lenses out of.

Back