• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pink Iridium Lens

KyleTheSid

Oakley Enthusiast
I didn't check to see if this was ever posted before but, anyone who has pink iridium lenses i have a few questions for you:

* Are they somewhat like clear, yellow, persimmon lenses to use at night?
* On a sunny day, how much light would you say it blocks compared to other lenses?
* Are they worth it to buy a blacklight and keep the lens?

Thanks!
- Kyle :biggrin:

if you live in an area where you can use them, then yes, it's worth getting the BLs for the lens. =)

My question still stands...what are pink iridium used for? lol. they look like a clear and yellow type of lens for night specific but i know they're for sunny days as well. I guess ill figure out how to get them :)

Pink Iridium is one of favorite Oakley lenses - I live in the Seattle area, so keep that in mind. I find these a perfect lens for overcast or partly cloudy days. I personally wouldn't use it for night or sunny days, I use it for the same conditions as Slate, although Pink does let in more light. And in my opinion, a great lens to have in your collection - I believe before the Blacklights, it was only available in the Paul Smith Pink pair and the STPLs!

My question still stands...what are pink iridium used for? lol. they look like a clear and yellow type of lens for night specific but i know they're for sunny days as well. I guess ill figure out how to get them :)

low light, cloudy conditions for sure. not for bright sunny days. that's y i don't use them at all. coz it's bright and sunny all year round where i'm from. =)

The Pink Iridium on the Blacklight Frogskins is much lighter then the Pink Iridium Monster Pups - could be because of the base curve or the batch - but they're really good on rainy, cloudy days :eek:) I also know they'll be doing a Pink Iridium Miss Conduct in the Spring/Summer!

:eek:) I also know they'll be doing a Pink Iridium Miss Conduct in the Spring/Summer!

Ooooooo that's very interesting. Got 2 pairs of MC's now and I love them but one with Pink lenses would be perfect!!! :biggrin: what colour frame options will there be? Any idea?
Thanks for the info! :smile:

Ooooooo that's very interesting. Got 2 pairs of MC's now and I love them but one with Pink lenses would be perfect!!! :biggrin: what colour frame options will there be? Any idea?
Thanks for the info! :smile:

Spring2012PinkIridiumShield.jpg

Looks like Polished Black/Pink Iridium :eek:)

The Pink Iridium on the Blacklight Frogskins is much lighter then the Pink Iridium Monster Pups - could be because of the base curve or the batch - but they're really good on rainy, cloudy days :eek:) I also know they'll be doing a Pink Iridium Miss Conduct in the Spring/Summer!

Might have to buy that pair just to have lenses to cut.

Back