• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Pistols: Striker- vs. Hammer-Fire ...

A bit off topic, but do you guys think they'll ever make a high-capacity extended magazine in the 10 round range for the Glock 43? I know the 43 is intended as a small capacity "pocket pistol", but I would like the option of a higher capacity magazine, when at home.

My P2000SK is the V3, DA/SA in 9mm. I'd like to move it for a P2000 V1 LEM 9mm. The subcompact size is nice, but I found it conceals as well and shoots better with the 13 round magazine from the P2000 and an X Grip.

Also a lefty. I actually prefer right handed slide catches. On my 320 and P2KSK I run into issues impeding its movement, on everything more righty-centric I have no issues, and it's so ingrained to slingshot the slide on reloads I don't use the slide catch to drop it anyway. But I move magazine releases on everything. Gen4 Glock, Sig, etc. My Shield won't swap over, and that is my only complaint on the weapon.

The P2000SK and Glock19 are both on the chopping block. The Glock shoots like a laser, but damn it just doesn't feel right in the hand.

A bit off topic, but do you guys think they'll ever make a high-capacity extended magazine in the 10 round range for the Glock 43? I know the 43 is intended as a small capacity "pocket pistol", but I would like the option of a higher capacity magazine, when at home.
I doubt it. There are aftermarket extensions to get it to 9 I believe. The only reason Glock made the extended 33-round (and whatever the .40 version holds) was for the select fire pistols.

My P2000SK is the V3, DA/SA in 9mm. I'd like to move it for a P2000 V1 LEM 9mm. The subcompact size is nice, but I found it conceals as well and shoots better with the 13 round magazine from the P2000 and an X Grip.

Also a lefty. I actually prefer right handed slide catches. On my 320 and P2KSK I run into issues impeding its movement, on everything more righty-centric I have no issues, and it's so ingrained to slingshot the slide on reloads I don't use the slide catch to drop it anyway. But I move magazine releases on everything. Gen4 Glock, Sig, etc. My Shield won't swap over, and that is my only complaint on the weapon.

The P2000SK and Glock19 are both on the chopping block. The Glock shoots like a laser, but damn it just doesn't feel right in the hand.

I doubt it. There are aftermarket extensions to get it to 9 I believe. The only reason Glock made the extended 33-round (and whatever the .40 version holds) was for the select fire pistols.

I just have zero interest in Glock. Never touched one, never will.

I also have some interest in a Springfield XD subcompact .40. Their OEM installed nightsights are pretty cool.

Y'alls thoughts on Springfield? The XD lineup?

Wasn't ever a fan of the XD guns. Haven't shot one in a while, but the M&P always felt and shot better, and was always first in getting new editions (Pro, CORE, Shield, etc).

Dont like how you need a special tool to break down the m&p line.i have the xds in .45 and like it....not love but like....my TRP full size 1911....i love

Own mostly striker pistols with the exception of a few...
I used to hate on Glock... That is until I owned one. My first being a G42...
I followed that up with a G43... And fell in love with the simplicity.
Shortly after that I built a completely custom G19...
FB_IMG_1439335752845.jpg

With that being said... I am forever a Springfield fan. My EDC being a XDS 45... Also own a XDS 9, XDSC 9 and a Loaded 1911.
The trigger break out of the box is much lighter and smoother than the Glock...

20151015_103743.jpg

It's called a G26 ;) Truthfully after handling a g43, I can't see picking it over a g26 unless you truely have tiny hands, want a pocket carry and every .25" of thickness matters for your preferred carry method, or just want a 43. It's huge IMHO for a single stack compared to Kahr PM9, Sig 290RS, etc not even counting the other smaller 9's out there.
I just have zero interest in Glock. Never touched one, never will.

I also have some interest in a Springfield XD subcompact .40. Their OEM installed nightsights are pretty cool.

Y'alls thoughts on Springfield? The XD lineup?

I have an XD 40 I got about 6 years ago, great little gun. Got even better when I installed PRP trigger in it. If I bought another Springfield again today it would have to favor an XDm 3.8 variety over the regular XD, but only due to capacity. That aside I would happy buy another XD with confidence.

Back