• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 1. One Of Few Left In The Company!

Yeah I popped them in at the store and the fit wasn't that bad but I can definitely see the frame being distorted over time. I know the first pair is free from Oakley but will they send the same pair of tungsten that is included or can you choose?

I'm going to quote the good Dr. Chop on this one......but this was before the PB2 came out so this is for the PB1.

Custom lenses for pitboss | Oakley Forum

+1

Split jacket lenses need to be modified for both PB1 and PB2..... Just sanding a corner or and edge is NOT going to work. I have done numerous mods to the Split Jacket lenses for a PB, and if its not done properly the lenses WILL distort and you can stretch the frame. Plus if you don't finish the edge properly you may scratch the crap out of the orbital getting it in, or chip the iridium on the lenses....

Yeah I popped them in at the store and the fit wasn't that bad but I can definitely see the frame being distorted over time. I know the first pair is free from Oakley but will they send the same pair of tungsten that is included or can you choose?

Wasn't bad?????

Haha yeah wasn't "that bad" it wasn't perfect but I didn't notice any distortion at the time but then again, I'm no expert.