• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 1 - (TURNS OUT IS A FAKE) FYI THREAD

Why do you ask? Well here are some of the best tell tale signs, so beware....

I saw this deal and began to look it over closely, I called a member on here and we spoke about them in depth. Our conclusion is they are totally fake. First thing is there is NO elite micro bag. The rivits in the earstem are protruding out to far. The seller says "polarized" is inscribed on the "inside" of the left lens. The elite icon facets are too flat and the color is off. There are numbers missing by the SKU........ Ahhh Yes, the elite box, if you scroll through the sellers recent buy list you will find he has bought from ebay member "acm3646" who sells elite boxes for $48.88. We have also found the curves in the titainium plate have a major difference in them and can be spotted quite easy...... I will try to show the difference later in pics......I have been on the hunt for PB1's and learning as much as possible about them.....

Also we found that there is also another well known ebay seller of oakley who also appears to be trying to sell similar ones. Based on the pics we saw they are also fake.....

If you want to truly authenticate a pair, fold the earstem closed and look inside by the hinge, you will see the letter "A" with a box around it. If this IS there, it is real........

BTW.... Props out to @Gecko for that "early morning" discussion about them!

Last edited:
With people selling the boxes, real or fake I dont know there is going to be a lot of these listings pop up. He has sold these in the past I see as well.

Ok, I had to do this fast to show what I mean. As previously stated I would hate to see a member get taken....

The FAKE......This is a snip of his pic off eBay, I tried to outline the curve as best as I could. Notice the tight apex as it appears to be more of a point...Also look at the facets on his icon as compared to mine.....
3mut.png

Now the REAL.... Notice the curve is less pronounced at the apex...
qpgh.jpg

Have them in your hand? Look for this "A".......This will be found on an authentic pair.....
nnr4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back