• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Pit Boss 2

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Well i feel the need to respond even though i truely hate it when people do this.

It was agreed upon that the buyer assumed any and all risk after mailing because of no insurance and a low customs declaration.
My truck was broken into and many reciepts were taken as well as tools and checks written for that days jobs i had done. I appologized for that but not much i can do there.

So in saying that, i did all i could but because i am a honest person who is being made out to be bad ill just go against our agreement and either refund your money or send another pair as soon as i can get one. Ruins my bank but being called a thief and someone who didnt help hurts me more.
I think more then one person will say i am about as helpfull a person as there is.

I to have lost things, it happens. But i accepted the blame whwn it was correctly mine. In this case it is not, but here i am making it right at my own expence.... another negative thing in the chain here lately.
Sorry,
Clark

I was very carefull writing here and i never call you a thief!
I read feedback before make an agreement with you and saw you are a trusted seller
Just said thinks that happened.... i paid and i never received a package!
I know that **** happens and there was a risk but my point was that did not get help from you (sorry for your truck) and the person who lost in that case is me.
Im honest too but getting through this i lost my faith.
I had to write about this like everyone would have done if was in my shoes.
Thats all.

sorry for my english... hope everyone understand what i mean

Some people reacted to this post.
I know exactly how you fell, i bought a 24K from a guy in alaska, and that takes 7 weeks to arrive (what was unbelievable slow always take maximum 10days), and if i track that, the package is still in Singapore. i may head i have lose the package, but was just slow

anyway, different of you, i always prefer to pay issuance when the value is Higher of $100, i have just a example, i bought last week a pit boss 2 from Greg here in the forum, and the difference between with and without issuance was $30, i didn't think twice.
what i can tell you, next time pay assurance, and also declare the value

chances of S***t happen a very big around

cheers

I'd just like to add my $.02 to this thread.....Gecko is like my brother....when I say we have made deals I mean I think it prolly nears 100 deals so far . IMHO you won't find another member here who will go to the lengths he does to make/help make a deal. It's very unfortunate that the pair was lost but I can tell you that I bet it was nothing to do with anything he did. As for the burglary I too had a receipt stolen for the current deal we were working on. I will vouch 100% for Gecko as far as a trusted member here to deal with.

Gecko is one of the most trustable members I have had the please to deal with.
I had my share if losses in the past, specially when shipping overseas and the problem is in the carrier's shipping method used, when shipping with USPS after the package leaves foreign customs is on the hands of the local postal service and this is the real problem, not all countries have a reliable postal service. Then on top add the low value declared to avoid taxes makes it impossible to make a claim. So the more reliable is to ship with a carrier that delivers the package from start to end.

I agree with you Dyeraudio... you had 100 deals that gone well and you tell us you are happy... I had 1 deal gone bad and i have also to tell forum my unhappy story... nothing to blame you or me

Username Hidden said:
I agree with you Dyeraudio... you had 100 deals that gone well and you tell us you are happy... I had 1 deal gone bad and i have also to tell forum my unhappy story... nothing to blame you or me

I completely understand your frustration....being that you are overseas and most likely do not have the pleasure to deal with Gecko on a regular basis as we here in the USA do I think that all of us members just want to re-assure what a trusted member he is and there was absolutley no malicious intent towards your deal. I feel that I am speaking for all of us who have dealt with Gecko in the past.......

Username Hidden said:
I completely understand your frustration....being that you are overseas and most likely do not have the pleasure to deal with Gecko on a regular basis as we here in the USA do I think that all of us members just want to re-assure what a trusted member he is and there was absolutley no malicious intent towards your deal. I feel that I am speaking for all of us who have dealt with Gecko in the past.......
Actually him and Oakleyboss84 who really kickstarted my collection. We have a feedback program for this. Sorry but I always state if u want to assume responsibility overseas its at your loss if anything happens. Rather pay fees and be sure

Some members I have dealt with have taken pics of receipts and posted them in the conversation thread between us. This gives me a forum copy of the receipt and an email copy. May be a good practice for others to adopt. Sorry your package was lost...

Username Hidden said:
Some members I have dealt with have taken pics of receipts and posted them in the conversation thread between us. This gives me a forum copy of the receipt and an email copy. May be a good practice for others to adopt. Sorry your package was lost...

I always do this as a seller or even if I am grabbing something for someone. I also vouch for Gecko.

Username Hidden said:
I think more then one person will say i am about as helpfull a person as there is.

@referee I'm sorry things went off the rails. However, I too have nothing but positive interactions and deals with @Gecko

@Gecko just said he's going to make it right - at his expense. I believe he will. Did you even thank him??

What is unsaid sometimes speaks louder than what is said.