• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss ..... Are They Worth It?

stevan5150

Oakley Expert
I am seriously considering buying a pair , they would not be purchased to just sit in a case they would be in regular rotation with the rest of my shades. I know it's a silly question but are they worth it? Maybe I can hear from other owners that paid full price and wear them regularly.

I got some Pit Boss when i was in the U.S last year. I do wear mind regular but alway keep them in their pouch & box when not in use. As regard the price it is difficult to say whether they are worth it or not as it's a personal thing. Having said that i'm glad i got them & will be looking at getting the Tron version too at some point. I would say if you get the chance to buy a pair do it.

I also have a pair and wear them fairly regular. I really like the look of them. They are a little heavier than most other Oakley's but it does not seem to bother me.
I do wear them often. I would say get them if you can and are willing to plunk down the cash.

Without a doubt they are a piece of Oakley that no collector should be without. They may not be the lightest, but they also don't squeeze your head, even after you wear them all day. I do wear mine on a regular basis and really love the way they fit. The price is steep, but knowing the history behind them helps a bit and being a collector helps more to justify the cost. For me, the price is worth it, but in the end it's a desicsion you'll have to make.

The Polished Black with VR28 Pit Boss is available from Sears for $452.99 with free shipping......

It apprears to be a storefront called optics fast through Sears..... I don't know much about them...

Wow, nice find on the Pit Boss xmetalmaniac !! That's a great price. I'm really surprised to see them at Sears.com . I would've never thought. They even have the Matte Black ones, which I heard were sold out. I have a pair of the Polished Black ones and I love them. The crown jewel of my collection.

I am seriously considering buying a pair , they would not be purchased to just sit in a case they would be in regular rotation with the rest of my shades. I know it's a silly question but are they worth it? Maybe I can hear from other owners that paid full price and wear them regularly.

I'm not sure you will get a balanced set of replies in limiting the respondents to only those who own Pit Boss. I suspect 9 out of 10 owners will reply that they are worth it, jewel of the collection, etc. Otherwise they would not have bought them in the first place.

Without a doubt. At first, I was a bit worried spending so much money. But for the better part of 12 months they've been my daily pair. I love them. I would if I was you. You won't regret it.

I own some 03-303's also, but to answer your question unlike the others i would have to say no they arent really worth full retail price...

Don't get me wrong, i love mine, they are AWESOME, i wear them on the weekends and for special occassions and display them the rest of the time, they fit like a glove and look killer, and sit nice in my collection, and i too intend to buy them in the different colourways....

.....but i didnt pay full retail for mine..... and i think that is why i love them..... i think if i HAD paid full price i would have been disappointed when i received them, at the end of the day they are still just plastic sunnies with $50 titanium plates, for me i would have had to save hard to pay full price and like i say,they wouldnt have been worth the sacrifice. but for the price i paid, which didn't sting too much and is now less than they are worth to resell, i was and still am very happy with them.

I think what i am trying to say is: at full price, imo not really worth it. If you can get em for less than that, DO IT! you'll love 'em.

And Herbs is right, owners (apart from me lol) would say buy em, coz they did, and non-owners would say don't, coz they cant afford them. My advice, go find some and hold them in your own hands..... you'll then either feel the magic....or not... and you will know for sure either way

I own some 03-303's also, but to answer your question unlike the others i would have to say no they arent really worth full retail price...

Don't get me wrong, i love mine, they are AWESOME, i wear them on the weekends and for special occassions and display them the rest of the time, they fit like a glove and look killer, and sit nice in my collection, and i too intend to buy them in the different colourways....

.....but i didnt pay full retail for mine..... and i think that is why i love them..... i think if i HAD paid full price i would have been disappointed when i received them, at the end of the day they are still just plastic sunnies with $50 titanium plates, for me i would have had to save hard to pay full price and like i say,they wouldnt have been worth the sacrifice. but for the price i paid, which didn't sting too much and is now less than they are worth to resell, i was and still am very happy with them.

I think what i am trying to say is: at full price, imo not really worth it. If you can get em for less than that, DO IT! you'll love 'em.

And Herbs is right, owners (apart from me lol) would say buy em, coz they did, and non-owners would say don't, coz they cant afford them. My advice, go find some and hold them in your own hands..... you'll then either feel the magic....or not... and you will know for sure either way

I couldn't have said it better myself. I own the 03-303 and the Tron and only because i didn't pay retail for either of them. The only thing i would add to what Jim said is that if you can get them for A LOT less than retail (30% or more), then it might be worth your while.

Latest Posts

Back