• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss ..... Are They Worth It?

IMO,you really can't tell that pit boss is worth it until you try them...so buy one with less than the MSRP and has an option to return the item. in that way, you'll see for yourself if its really worth it or not. if it's not, then return the item then you'll get peace of mind. :)

Affordability is only part of it.
I recently had the opportunity to pick a pair up for just over half price. I had the cash in hand, but still thought they weren't worth it at £250.
As with everything, it's up to you and your own personal opinion. If you like them, and don't feel the sense that Oakley is ripping you off or taking advantage of you as a collector, then buy them. I had the money but don't like them. Simple.

I look at it this way. Stuff is worth what you are willing to pay.
I'd rather buy more X-metals and O-matter frames than anything with an Elite badge. Some people think Elite matters. It's just that I don't.
Horses for courses, as my old pa used to say.

Affordability is only part of it.
I recently had the opportunity to pick a pair up for just over half price. I had the cash in hand, but still thought they weren't worth it at £250.
As with everything, it's up to you and your own personal opinion. If you like them, and don't feel the sense that Oakley is ripping you off or taking advantage of you as a collector, then buy them. I had the money but don't like them. Simple.

I look at it this way. Stuff is worth what you are willing to pay.
I'd rather buy more X-metals and O-matter frames than anything with an Elite badge. Some people think Elite matters. It's just that I don't.
Horses for courses, as my old pa used to say.

Well as you said in one of your previous posts, You're not a true collector until you have a pair of these in your collection...............LOL (sorry i couldn't resist it)
Anyway. I have to agree they do seam overpriced compaired to say the X-metal range but when i tried them on i knew i had to have a pair & that's they way they grab you i guess. Like all my glasses i would never sell or swap them for anything.

I think this separates the collector from wearer...When I could buy 3 Flak jackets and maybe a half J or 4 SJ's for the $ ....not worth it for ME...If u have display case and $ and collect go for it..

The history behind this pair and how it came about has a lot to do with who buys them also. The design of the Pit Boss dates back to days of Jim Jannard. If you base your decision solely on cost, it would be hard to justify buying, but there is the history behind them. I know I wear mine regularly and they are very comfortable. Yes, they are geared towards the collector more so than the average sunglass wearer.

The history behind this pair and how it came about has a lot to do with who buys them also. The design of the Pit Boss dates back to days of Jim Jannard. If you base your decision solely on cost, it would be hard to justify buying, but there is the history behind them. I know I wear mine regularly and they are very comfortable. Yes, they are geared towards the collector more so than the average sunglass wearer.

I never had the opportunity to try a pair on, believe it or not. Now I will have to buy a pair, just because..... :)

Back