• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss ..... Are They Worth It?

While the C-Six is a nice piece, Oakley seemed to market the engineering that went behind them and not so much the style. It's actually quite boring if you ask me. When released, the Pit Boss was the only frame that tipped it's hat to the old design cues. So for someone like me who really wanted something loud and was definitely "Oakley", the Pit Boss made sense... at least at the price i paid for them :laugh:

It's odd though isn't it? For the most part, we all ignore the Oakley marketing-speak that they trot out alongside their products.
But then the Elite range came along, and suddenly the marketing-speak is the reason why folks are buying them?

Personally I just cannot subscribe to the whole 'history' aspect of the Pit Boss. The whole "Ooo it was 50 years in the making - going back to Jim Jannard's drawings as a young boy. And now . . . we have the technology . . . we can finally screw metal to plastic" etc etc.

To illustrate my point - here's a good game between Oakley fans.
Player 1 has the Oakley Review website open in front of them on a laptop. The other player(s) cannot see the screen.
Player 1 picks a sunglass range - and reads out the Oakley marketing blurb associated with it.
The other player(s) then have to guess what the fk they are trying to sell.

An example game . . .

Player 1 - "Logically offset geometry is wrapped and raked into a smooth curve of peripheral liberation. The wide-open vista is a benefit of XYZ Optics®, Oakley’s patented geometry that maintains astounding clarity across your entire field of view. The result is a profile of protection and performance you’d be whacked not to love. Prescription ready."

Player 2 - "WTF?????!!! OK, I don't want to play any more."

Classic fun for all the family.

Copyright: Herbsley Games Inc

Back