• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss Getting Respect At Sunglass Hut..

I would not be too comfortable handing over a £400 pair of sunglasses to a stranger for them to wipe the lenses with an unknown cloth.

Seems I'm not alone though, to be fair.
:crazy:

Maybe I'm a tight-a55.
Maybe I'm over-cautious.

But hey, I don't have any scratched lenses.

Holy **** I didn't realize I was toting around precious material. Take it easy it's a pair of glasses.

Haha! Nah, no offense intended whatsoever mate, it's just the way I am with my glasses - very protective.
Hey, we are all different my friend. You are obviously a more trusting sort of chap than I.

You gotta think... they are a little more than "Just" sunglasses. They're not antiques or precious metals, but are you a member on an antique forum? Precious metal forum? We signed up to a forum which revolves around "just sunglasses" The Pit Boss is a $400 + pair and replacement lenses are + $100

If you have that much disposable income to replace lenses than go to town, or if you wear $400 pair that is scratched to sh!t all the power to you.

This isn't directed at anyone, and it's cool that the Sunglass Hut rep recognized your pair and they only meant well by offering to clean them but you have to consider that cloth has never been washed.

Yeah I was at sunglasshut a month ago and she asked to clean my sunglasses with violet iridium lens, I did hand em to her and she did A good job, however I was hesitant . On another occasion at another sunglasshut It happen again, this time i Just asked her to spray the solution and I pulled out my cloth and we where all happy. :biggrin:

and yes the solution they use, is the same they put on oakley refills and sunglasshut refills.

I dont care to allow the to clean my glasses. I feel that if they were to damage the lens due to grit that I would be out of luck. My issue is with the stores in my area the employees dont care about glasses what so ever so why would they care about a clean towel. Most likely it has been used to clean the floor.

I'd bet that micro cloth you carry around in your pocket and that you just dug out of the cup holder in your car has more crap on it than a micro bag from a sunglass store. The kid was excited to see a pair of pb's. I hate to think what his reaction would have been if he ran into some of you uptight "collectors". Next time I'll scream at the sales person and record it so some of you will be proud of us "collectors"

Um, or perhaps just a polite "No thank you, mate, I'm good thanks" which is what I tend to say.

Looks like we'll all have to agree to disagree on the whole 'who can touch my glasses' debate.

Anyway, I'm glad it all turned out good for you, mate.
:)

I'd bet that micro cloth you carry around in your pocket and that you just dug out of the cup holder in your car has more crap on it than a micro bag from a sunglass store. The kid was excited to see a pair of pb's. I hate to think what his reaction would have been if he ran into some of you uptight "collectors". Next time I'll scream at the sales person and record it so some of you will be proud of us "collectors"
I dont see what the issue is here. Its nice he recognized the pit boss. I am sure you made his day to allow him to hold and wear them. Feel free to allow them to clean your PB as well, but when you put them back on when exiting the store and notice a scratch. Continue on knowing you made his day.

Latest Posts

Back