• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss Vs. X Squared

I'm not getting into an XS debate.

Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions on these two?

Wasn't that the point of this thread? To discuss (talk or write about (a topic) in detail, taking into account different ideas and opinions) the pros and cons of each model. He was just showing love to the XS with pictures. It's hard to discuss a vs. thread when everyone loves one side and hates the other.

I would get both! If you shop around and are patient you will find a sale. Last week I picket up a Pit Boss from Altrec for $360...and you can you get the XS on Amazon for as low as $209. Buy them both and you are paying the same as you would pay retail for a Pit Boss.

Done deal....Debate over......Buy Both!

What that guy said! Heck....do that as a blind buy and you'll still be able to re-sell and break even should you find one or both don't work for you.

Wasn't that the point of this thread? To discuss (talk or write about (a topic) in detail, taking into account different ideas and opinions) the pros and cons of each model. He was just showing love to the XS with pictures. It's hard to discuss a vs. thread when everyone loves one side and hates the other.

I wasn't trying to light the XS looks good on display only thing (again). Herbs views on the XS are well known and I respect that---heck I'm sure everyone here knows my less than glowing opinions of Oakley's products of late some of which many love, so if I'm going to voice that, I welcome others voicing their views on models I love. I'd just never openly voiced my take on all this so I thought I'd toss it out there. Its expressed with equal passion for the brand as far as I'm concerned. As noted, sunglasses are one of those things that you have to test drive to see if you like...and that's what it comes down too...I have stuff others think is just not a good fit for me or looks not so great (look at what I drive), but I love it and that's what matters.

I just posted same question about 2 weeks ago.I was looking at the Ducati x and a Pit Boss. I went with the pb because the Ducati x didnt look right on me plus they were almost the same price. around 380.00 bucks.

Depends on how they both look on you. I have both and really like the way they look on me.
But for me the Pit Boss is one of my favorite of all my glasses.

To be honest, i don't wear either frame very much. My typical go to pairs are the Juliets or the Monster Dogs.

The last time i wore my XS, i was 10 lbs heavier. The XS looked funny on my fat head. Haven't worn them since i've slimmed down. Could try again. LOL! Maybe i'll venture into the "Do i suit these" thread :behindsofa:

ucdavis4PT0gpa said:
X Squared hands down, 100% no contest. In fact ANY X Metal over the Pit Boss. I'm now up to 8 Pit Bosses that I've owned and unloaded in favor of metals...there's just no contest. And I still strongly disagree with the perception that the X Squared doesn't fit a number of people....to me that all in the eye of the beholder. I'd post pictures of me wearing mine in the "do these suit me" but I don't see the purpose as I have a really good eye and by any angle the X Squared fits fine to my face with good wrap and complimentary shape to my face architecture and I don't want to hear things to the contrary that I think are totally wrong.

I also counter the "kudos" factor. Enthusiasts and casual observers alike are light years more impressed by my X Metals including the XS than they are by the Pit Boss which is looked at as just some plastic frame (which it is). Also, if you're looking at value or collectibility down the line I can guarantee any X Metal will be worth as much if not more (and probably look better if they've been worn) in 10 years than any Pit Boss except maybe the Tron (and that's only in the value catagory...you can mess up the finish on a Tron really easily).

Coverage? X Squared and Pit Boss are even on me (naturally the Pit Boss has it on the Juliet...its the smallest of the X Metals outside of the Penny)....if anything the coverage on the Pit Boss is TOO much...sweat sweat sweat sweat.

Am I biased? YES. And I'm the first to admit it. But I'm biased for a REASON---the X Metals are simply better glasses, but in the end YOU have to try them on and decide for yourself to see which works for you.

Very well put! Totally agree 100%
The XS gang agrees also lol
78c21fcb.jpg

Attachments

• 78c21fcb.jpg
    78c21fcb.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 143