• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss

Not having the original wood box and Elite MF bag are suspicious, but the dead giveaway here was the flat head screws in place of the rivets. Genuine PB's don't have screws, except for the torx in the orbital side frame.

Fakes are getting better nowadays also, and rivets are being used like the real thing...just need to be really cautious when buying.

This and the Matte Black CW is the most replicated.

Not having the original wood box and Elite MF bag are suspicious, but the dead giveaway here was the flat head screws in place of the rivets. Genuine PB's don't have screws, except for the torx in the orbital side frame.

Fakes are getting better nowadays also, and rivets are being used like the real thing...just need to be really cautious when buying.

First things first: The box is not actually wood, contrary to popular belief. They are plastic, and clear initially...I found this out removing the icons for paint... Next, the first tell tale sign is the "posts" that protrude through the frame to secure the plates. They are domed, NOT flat in any way, and are NOT screws. Boss 2 uses screws. The posts are part of the Ti plates and have mushroom heads. Another sign is the SKU printing. Check the number first, and position second. Most fakes are printed way up by the "Pit Boss" embossed lettering, that's incorrect. The stems also have the letter "A" near the bottom inside hinge point and that letter A is on a small raised box. The screws for the Ti Plates on the front are also a T-5 Flat head coarse thread screw. Not a phillips, allen, or other size torx, and not fine machine threads. Matte black is the most common knock off, polished black next, and rootbeer almost none at all. Stay away if it seems too good, it is. Ask me anytime, I have torn apart tons of bosses.

Not sure about these, thy look ok, but the bag and case make me wonder.

Hope they are legit as that is a great price. Let us know after you get them.
I would be very inclined to say fake....3 reasons: 1) Printing of SKU on stem is waaaay forward of the factory pair, 2) Polarized etching is off from where factory is actually located (sits lower and further back on OEM), 3) The screws are wrong. Actual screws are a T-5 which is smaller, these look like a T-6 that is stripped and rounded way out. Technically, I would add a 4th issue also, the vault. Those are tell tale signs and extremely common thrown in items that are always fake and BS

Back