• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Bosses - Overpriced?

Got a mint matte black w/box and microbag on a Ebay BIN for $150 last Friday. That is the fastest thumb typing on PayPal I have ever done. I wanted a pair for awhile and eventually would have paid retail if no other source. They fit perfect on me and the wife likes them more than any other pair.

Got a mint matte black w/box and microbag on a Ebay BIN for $150 last Friday. That is the fastest thumb typing on PayPal I have ever done. I wanted a pair for awhile and eventually would have paid retail if no other source. They fit perfect on me and the wife likes them more than any other pair.

Are you sure they're authentic?

That price almost seems too good to be true.

Are you sure they're authentic?

That price almost seems too good to be true.
I had my doubts too until they arrived. The box has the black metal elite icon, same icon on bag. I compared them to a pair of the Indy 500's. I was even more pleased when on inspection I could not find even the smallest defect, scratch or chip. They are like new. The seller appeared to be a consignment center and may not have known the value.

Would like to at some stage get my grubby mitts on a black pair. I think the price for a pair of O-matter frames is diffinitely a lot to ask(even with titanium plates, that don't appear to do much other than hike the price!). As for C-six, I've said it
Before and I'll say it again........not interested..for the Elite price comes a less than mediocre pair of sunglasses.

I think it is all down to opinion as to whether Pit Boss are worth their retail price, but remember as most of them are not super rare with patience it should be possible to find them below that. I got the three normal pairs mint and complete for £360 each, Tron for £440, Ducati for £400, and the awesome Indy 500 pair for £705. Surely this model has just about the best packaging of all and has the best icon. It is obvious the price is an issue as that and their comparison to X Metals has been debated since their inception.

just a bit Overpriced . . . if you have one, then you will never let them go.

I LOVE MY PAIRS!!!

Pit Boss is over priced. I have a pair and I didn't pay retail at an authorized dealer. I got them early on as I thought they were a limited edition. Then I just got mad as they kept selling out online. The Pit Boss was the "Concept car" design that helped design most of the early 2000s frames.

I think the frame might have been worth the money if Oakley kept the frame truly limited edition and Oakley did something with the Elite line. I thought Oakley Elite was going to be expensive with low production numbers.

Without the history behind the frame its just an O-matter frame with titanium plates and 5 year old lens technology for $595 lol

Latest Posts

Back