• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Bosses - Overpriced?

I just got my first pair yesterday. I traded for them, so I didn't feel the sting of the price however after having a day with them I can honestly say I would pay retail for them. They fit me absolutely perfectly. A little tight near the back of my head, but I am used to that.

I think it is all down to opinion as to whether Pit Boss are worth their retail price, but remember as most of them are not super rare with patience it should be possible to find them below that. I got the three normal pairs mint and complete for £360 each, Tron for £440, Ducati for £400, and the awesome Indy 500 pair for £705. Surely this model has just about the best packaging of all and has the best icon. It is obvious the price is an issue as that and their comparison to X Metals has been debated since their inception.

What kind of icon comes on the indy pit boss?

Pit Boss is over priced. I have a pair and I didn't pay retail at an authorized dealer. I got them early on as I thought they were a limited edition. Then I just got mad as they kept selling out online. The Pit Boss was the "Concept car" design that helped design most of the early 2000s frames.

I think the frame might have been worth the money if Oakley kept the frame truly limited edition and Oakley did something with the Elite line. I thought Oakley Elite was going to be expensive with low production numbers.

Without the history behind the frame its just an O-matter frame with titanium plates and 5 year old lens technology for $595 lol

Can you clarify that?

Can you clarify that?

Allegedly the Pit Boss was six years in the making, and you can see the concept drawings online. Anyway, the different concepts oakley came up with prior to Pit Boss have a lot of the styling cues that our favorite glasses have (scar, splice, plate, monster dog, straight jackets, etc).

What kind of icon comes on the indy pit boss?

The icon design on all 6 Pit Boss is the same. The Indy 500 pair is the same as the Matte Black/Ti - Black P 03-303 pair except for the part code and lens etching on the left eye of the Indy 500, worth noting is the extreme packaging on this item, a true sight to behold and I would say a better presented piece than even the C Six...and remember there were only 100.

This is my favorite pair hands down. The look and fit (on me) is perfect. I was lucky and got a brand new pair for $200. Would I pay retail.....No!!
But after having them now for a year they are worth it.

They are at $850 CDN with taxes here in Vancouver, B.C.

Found some better deals on Flea Bay USA at 60% off compared to Canadian pricing.

One I wear almost everyday and the other one is a shelf whore!

Best fit among all my O's, I can wear it for the whole day with no problems at all.

Latest Posts

Back