• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PitBoss 1 Pain Solutions?

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
I recently purchased a PB1 since I have always wanted to try them out. After wearing them for a few weeks I have noticed that after wearing them for an extended time I get pain around my ears where they sit. I did some searching on the forum, but really didn't see anyone else complaining about this. So wondering how common of an issue this is, and if there is any remedy for it. Not sure if I should just stick with them, or try something else. Thanks!

I've heard this from at least 2 other members...I get that from X metals, myself. I think it is just the shape of your head and the pressure points. I will say that I think they do loosen up after a good amount of wear time.

With that said, I find I can wear Plates, Flak 2.0 and Crosshairs pretty much all day. PB1s and MDs, I can wear for a few hours. X Metals, I'm lucky if I get an hour before they start to hurt.

I recently purchased a PB1 since I have always wanted to try them out. After wearing them for a few weeks I have noticed that after wearing them for an extended time I get pain around my ears where they sit. I did some searching on the forum, but really didn't see anyone else complaining about this. So wondering how common of an issue this is, and if there is any remedy for it. Not sure if I should just stick with them, or try something else. Thanks!
Some peoples ears are sensitive. Thick heavy frames bug my ears if I wear them for an extended time. For longer trips I tend to go for carbon pairs with thin stems.

It seems to be a pretty common issue, either squeezing the head or cutting above the ears. I’ve seen people put ear socks on, not sure if it helps or which ear socks they are

It seems to be a pretty common issue, either squeezing the head or cutting above the ears. I’ve seen people put ear socks on, not sure if it helps or which ear socks they are

I would be interesting in getting more details and trying something like that. I like the look of them a lot, but not sure if I would keep them long term without more comfort.

I would be interesting in getting more details and trying something like that. I like the look of them a lot, but not sure if I would keep them long term without more comfort.
Maybe @zcrxsi knows which ear socks can be forced onto a pit boss? Or some pit boss expert?

Last edited:
Prob just time to let them go and sell them to @DeepWaterVortex

Back