• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pitbull (the artist) is suing Oakley over the Pit Bull (sunglasses)

Well as if our comments matters here. He is suppose to be a rich a$$ clown right. What is he gonna get from chump change supposed he wins this debate?. Not that much. He should start writing more of his DUMB A$$ music and sell more as generally now a days if you put pu$$y, a$$, bittccchhh, this and that put a beat to it you got your self a record arrrrggghhhhh and my wife just watched this clowns concert not too long ago.

I've mentioned this before elsewhere...

The famous Australian boot company Ugg has the name "Ugg" trademarked all over the world... except for in Australia. Why? Because "Ugg" is a common local term that means "boot" and they couldn't trademark it any more than they could the word "boot".

Now this is the US, not Down Under, and I don't know how the law would compare here, but there does seem to be a certain logical parallel...

Doesn't have to be a trademark. It could a likeness. There was a restaurant here in town called double rainbow. A ice cream shop in San Fransisco filed suit and forced them to change their name because they were both in the food industry. Its now called flying star.
Trek wines in California was forced to discontinue because of the bikes.
Litigious ....

Doesn't have to be a trademark. It could a likeness. There was a restaurant here in town called double rainbow. A ice cream shop in San Fransisco filed suit and forced them to change their name because they were both in the food industry. Its now called flying star.
Trek wines in California was forced to discontinue because of the bikes.
Litigious ....

In which way would Oakley sunglass's be like or resemble a human. Unless he helped with the design he has no foot to stand on.

Well. He sells sunglasses. He collaborated with Oakley in the past. This stuff is very relevant. Its easy to scoff at it but when a overpaid stuffed shirt puts 2ft of case law on the desk, it gets very difficult

Nice... though that'd be an "interesting" lawsuit - JJ named those x-metals not after the play but after the cigar brand Romeo y Julieta. Which is named after the play. So, dead-Shakespeare would probably go after both, and the cigar company might try a shot at Oakley, too... ;)

And while he's at it he might as well sue Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes for that crap-ass "Romeo + Juliet" movie... :D
I remember that movie hahahahahahahaha ohhh and you watched it lol hahahahaha

Only when it hit the movie channels... but I still regret it...
I was 15 i think i watched it in the theaters silly me ibwas a kid watched it again in my 20s i realized what in the F is this after that when i watch a movie and i dont like it i leave and never mind finishing it.

It's not just pitbull dogs that beat him (and Oakley) to the name.
There were bulls in those pits too.
Maybe someone should call "Bull Pit" to this whole litigation...

Back