• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PK_ZA painting Pros and Ms

Man those are fantastic!!
Any tips on the dunking ? Like one ear stem and roll it in , or , brow first straight in ? Id like to make a cobalt M if i can one day soon . Or a red that has the cobalt/ goldx look to it if you know what i mean
Thanks dude.

If I can get the stems off (some older iterations the stems aren't pinned) I dunk them separately to the brow.

When the stems don't come off I am dunking the frame while open with a 'helping hand' with the clips holding the bits where the earsocks would be. Don't know if it's the best way but I always dunk at a 45 degree angle leading with the brow (lens slot facing up)

Thanks dude.

If I can get the stems off (some older iterations the stems aren't pinned) I dunk them separately to the brow.

When the stems don't come off I am dunking the frame while open with a 'helping hand' with the clips holding the bits where the earsocks would be. Don't know if it's the best way but I always dunk at a 45 degree angle leading with the brow (lens slot facing up)
Excellent info , thanks eh !

My favorite so far, keep up the great work!
Thanks 👍

Added a lens and some socks to the frame today, a Gold iridium Aggro Strike I cut myself a couple months ago.
IMG_20220529_120735.jpg
IMG_20220529_120745.jpg
IMG_20220529_120801.jpg

Another project with a non M Frame this week.
This started life as a polished white frame. Went with a grey base and a black swirl with a really like touch of metallic colourshift (has a bit of an oyster shell look in the right like)

Now just need to decide on a lens, icons and rubber kit colour. I'm open to suggestions so let me know what you guys think

IMG_20220603_132806.jpg
IMG_20220605_220819.jpg
IMG_20220607_111601.jpg
IMG_20220607_111611.jpg
IMG_20220607_111638.jpg

Here’s something that I do, which Qtrain told me about. I bought an inexpensive dehydrator that is a little smaller then a microwave. After letting the clear coat air dry for a bit I pop my frames in for a couple of hours at 165 degrees. Once they come out it’s nice and hardened, just pop the lenses in.

Back